- RETIRE IN STYLE. Nance-Nash, Sheryl // Essence (Time Inc.);Aug2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p80
The article offers tips on retirement in the U.S. It mentions the advantages of investing in a 401(k). It outlines the steps in investing from Glinda Bridgforth, founder of Bridgforth Financial & Associates, LLC. It offers strategies in protecting 401(k) investment when switching jobs.
- Early distribution penalty exceptions: Be very careful! Jones, George G.; Luscombe, Mark A. // Accounting Today;8/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p10
Provides information on early distribution penalty exceptions. Description of the growth of individual retirement accounts 401 (k) and similar retirement savings vehicles; Penalty for failed rollovers and disqualified distributions; Terms of Section 72 of the U.S. Tax Code.
- Retirement Plan Strategies. Steiner, Bruce D. // Journal of Retirement Planning;May2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses strategies and issues concerning individual retirement accounts (IRAs). Because of the stock market decline in 2009, IRAs and 401(k) retirement accounts decreased in value and the Worker, Retiree and Employer Recovery Act of 2008 suspended required distributions. The author...
- How to make your money last longer than you do. ANDREW, DOUG // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p15
The author shares tips on how to save money and plan for retirement. Topics discussed include the phases of retirement planning, tax that can be triggered by individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and 401(k) deferred compensation plans, and steps for taking after-tax money and then accumulating...
- What to do with 401(k) distributions. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p35
Offers advise on who to reduce the tax costs associated with 401(k) distributions. Potential combination of estate and income tax liabilities and tax penalties; Options available to a departing employee; Direct rollover to an individual retirement account; Minimum distribution requirements.
- Find the 'saving grace' for your children. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Feb2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on encouraging and introducing children to save for retirement. Topics include the availability of the retirement saver's credit for voluntary contributions that are made for 401(k) retirement plan, the 50% contribution for qualified low-income taxpayers, and a table which...
- The Final Word. Slott, Ed // Financial Planning;Sep2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p119
The article provides information on the rules of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding Roth 401 (k) contributions. It notes that there are no income limits for the employee making Roth 401 (k) contributions. Qualified distribution applies to Roth 401 (K) if the employee is over the...
- HOW WASHINGTON CAN STOP ITS WAR ON SAVINGS. Ehrbar, Al // Fortune;3/6/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p133
Asserts that the one of the greatest problems facing the United States in 1995 is a dearth of savings and discusses how the US Congress can change this. The need for an overhaul of the nation's tax system which currently discourages most Americans from saving; The need for a more effective...
- Answers to your tax questions... Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;3/8/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p74
Answers several questions related to tax investments in the United States. Withdrawal for a required minimum pension plan distribution for 2001; Excess of payments for the 401 (k) plan; Establishment of a profit-sharing plan.