Internet Highway Report
- Penn. SERS Approves Investments. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/8/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the decision of the Pennsylvania State Employees' Retirement System to authorize investments in private equity, venture capital and real estate in May 2006. Approval of the investments of Avenue Asia Special situations Fund IV; Amount of the investments of The Oxford Fund; Remarks...
- PERF redirects $1.5B into alternatives. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p15A
The article reports on the unanimous votes made by the Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund's (PERF) board of trustees to move an alternative investment worth $1.5 billion in Indiana. The vote is aimed for higher market returns while the impact on Indiana venture capital could be larger....
- Worcester Retirement May Seek Midcap Value. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 17, pN.PAG
Reports that the multi-million dollar Worcester, Massachusetts-based Worcester Retirement System may search for a domestic midcap value equity manager. Possible suspension of of fund's venture capital; Reason for the suspension of the fund's venture capital.
- Walking a Tightrope: Are U.S. State and Local Governments on a Fiscally Sustainable Path? Zhao, Bo; Coyne, David // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 18, preceding p1
This paper develops a new measure of state and local fiscal sustainability called the "trend gap," which is based on socioeconomic and other fundamental factors and removes the short-term influence of the business cycle. The paper estimates the trend gap and finds that the nationwide per capita...
- CalPERS private equity holdings no shocker. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;5/12/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p3
The $131 billion California Public Employees' Retirement System's enhanced website, www.calpers. ca.gov/invest/aim/aim.asp, was launched on April 30, 2003 and for the first time includes a breakdown of the $1.3 billion venture portion of the system's portfolio, with three captive funds of funds...
- Comparing Roth IRAs and municipal bonds. Israelov // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p29
Answers questions about personal finance and investments. Comparison of Roth individual retirement accounts and municipal bonds; Funding for a simplified employer pension plan.
- STATEWIDE. Clarren, Rebecca; Cooper, Kim // Oregon Business Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p10
Reports the launch of the Oregon Investment Fund, a fund that will place Oregon public employees' retirement money with venture capitalists looking to invest within the state.
- Alternative Investments. Goodman, Sharon M. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Mar2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses the top ten questions trustees and investment professionals need to ask themselves before considering alternative investments and monitor the alternative investments already in their funds and also offers guidance on some of the possible answers. Trustees should ask who is...
- SKODA PICKS KLEINHENZ AS PRESIDENT, PARTNER. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p1
Karen Kleinhenz has joined the Skoda, Minotti & Co. accounting and financial services firm as partner and president of the company's new investment and insurance department. An appointee to the Ohio Venture Capital Authority, Kleinhenz previously was head of KeyCorp's retirement service business.