Internet Highway Report
- Penn. SERS Approves Investments. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/8/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the decision of the Pennsylvania State Employees' Retirement System to authorize investments in private equity, venture capital and real estate in May 2006. Approval of the investments of Avenue Asia Special situations Fund IV; Amount of the investments of The Oxford Fund; Remarks...
- PERF redirects $1.5B into alternatives. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p15A
The article reports on the unanimous votes made by the Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund's (PERF) board of trustees to move an alternative investment worth $1.5 billion in Indiana. The vote is aimed for higher market returns while the impact on Indiana venture capital could be larger....
- Worcester Retirement May Seek Midcap Value. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 17, pN.PAG
Reports that the multi-million dollar Worcester, Massachusetts-based Worcester Retirement System may search for a domestic midcap value equity manager. Possible suspension of of fund's venture capital; Reason for the suspension of the fund's venture capital.
- Walking a Tightrope: Are U.S. State and Local Governments on a Fiscally Sustainable Path? Zhao, Bo; Coyne, David // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 18, preceding p1
This paper develops a new measure of state and local fiscal sustainability called the "trend gap," which is based on socioeconomic and other fundamental factors and removes the short-term influence of the business cycle. The paper estimates the trend gap and finds that the nationwide per capita...
- CalPERS private equity holdings no shocker. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;5/12/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p3
The $131 billion California Public Employees' Retirement System's enhanced website, www.calpers. ca.gov/invest/aim/aim.asp, was launched on April 30, 2003 and for the first time includes a breakdown of the $1.3 billion venture portion of the system's portfolio, with three captive funds of funds...
- Comparing Roth IRAs and municipal bonds. Israelov // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p29
Answers questions about personal finance and investments. Comparison of Roth individual retirement accounts and municipal bonds; Funding for a simplified employer pension plan.
- Defending Trustees Against Failure to Diversify Claims. Cerrito, Jonathan M.; Daum, Michael R. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2010, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p24
The article offers a framework of how the diversification rules under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 apply to fund of funds (FoFs). A FoF is an investment strategy that holds a portfolio of other investment funds and can be either a fund of hedge funds, a fund of...
- Tony Wickenden: Addressing the over reliance on business assets. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing (Online Edition);1/23/2014, p63
The author comments on investing in pensions or venture capital trusts (VCTs) and enterprise investment scheme (EIS) to manage assets to support long-term income needs. He says that complementary business and investment strategies are goals worth pursuing. The most tax effective way to build a...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Pensions & Investments;5/3/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p6
Presents news briefs related to pensions and investments. Information on elimination of Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund; Recruitment of R.V. Kuhns as consultant of Florida State Board of Administration; Details of investments made by venture capital firms.