A View from the Top
- New Board members bring passion and vision. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p19
The article profiles two appointees to the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Board of Directors. Kathleen Longo, of Accredited Investors, Inc., in Edmina, Minnesota, discusses her volunteer work with FPA and her interest in career development. Longo would like to focus on membership and...
- AIOFP aims to make its mark. Egan, Liam // Money Management;8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the launching of a premier adviser designation by the Association of Independently Owned Financial Planners (AIOFP) as an alternative to the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation of the Financial Planning Association. It reveals that the official announcement for...
- Tinker, tailor, financial planner: careers day draws diverse crowd. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;6/9/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p11
Highlights the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) careers expo in Sydney, New South Wales (NSW). Attendees of the careers expo; Statement of FPA NSW chapter chairman Louise Woodger regarding their effort to encourage people into the financial planning industry; Reasons why participants...
- CPD QUIZ. // Money Management;3/21/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p26
A quiz accredited by the Financial Planning Association with concerns on the continuing professional development (CPD) credit for financial planners, is presented.
- Community at All Levels. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2000 SourceBook 2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p50
This article focuses on the plans of Guy M. Cumbie, financial advisor and president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S., for the organization. What Cumbie has learned from being actively involved in both professional organizations at a pivotal point for the financial planning...
- NAIFA Member Benefits. // Advisor Today;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p86
The article presents the benefits of members of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) in the United States. These include: sales ideas and resources; NAIFA advocacy; information, training and networking; and NAIFA's affinity programs.
- The Journal's Journey. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p46
The article focuses progress of the Journal of Financial Planning. In 1979, a 64-page publication called the Journal of Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) made its debut that October. Its mission was pretty straightforward, that is to inform its readers of innovative and...
- FPA helps broker/dealers to form group their own group. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Today;10/20/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the decision of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to help broker and dealer members to form their own association. Reason for the decision of FPA to form a separate group; Information on the advocacy initiatives of FPA; Purpose of FPA.
- Platform play for boutique dealers. Egan, Liam // Money Management;5/19/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the Association of Independently Owned Financial Planners is set to approve a plan to negotiate preferential rebate deals with up to six platform providers. Personal Choice Masterplan of the association; Plans of the association to scrap the white label strategy in favor of an...