From the Editor
- Optimizing Large Query by Simulated Annealing Algorithm Based On Graph-Based Approach. Yongheng Chen; Wanli Zuo; Fenglin He; Kerui Chen // Journal of Software (1796217X);Sep2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1655
In the relational database setting today, large queries containing many joins are becoming increasingly common. In general the ordering of join-operations is quite sensitive and has a devastatingly negative effect on the efficiency of the DBMS. Scheufele and Moerkotte proved that join-ordering...
- Data Storage Management. // Database & Network Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
Introduces the three products from Embarcadero Technologies Inc. that work in conjunction with Embarcadero DBartisan, the database administration solution. Name of the software; Product features; Product support; Systems requirements and compatibility; Contact information.
- insight. Mahoney, Diana Phillips // Computer Graphics World;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p80
Reports the development of Ensight 7, computer simulations and visualization of swirler turbulence to optimize aircraft engine design. Inference to the research from National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Glenn Research Center; Features of the angled holes within the internal...
- Research of Visualized 3d Substation Simulation Based on Virtual Reality Technology. Fengjie Sun; He Chen; Huijuan Liu // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 568-570, p1834
The three-dimensional virtual reality technology was introduced into the visualized substation. The virtual substation models of main electrical equipment and the whole scene were built by using 3dsMax modeling software. After the design of special events response routing and editting the...
- PLUG & SIM uses open-architecture co-simulation strategy. // R&D Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p76
Presents information on computer software focusing on co-simulation. Reference to the pLUG and SIM framework from Integrated Systems Incorporated in Sunnyvale, California; Indepth look at pLUG and SIM framework; Detailed information on co-simulation.
- STEP BY STEP TO EASY COMMUNICATION ENVIRONMENT FOR DISTRIBUTED SIMULATION. Aizstrauts, Artis; Ginters, Egils // ICTE in Regional Development: 2009/2010 Proceedings;2010, p1
The development of simulation enables the researchers to explore more sophisticated problems at a more detailed level. At the same time this implies a necessity to use several models, or even different modelling tools. Different modelling approaches (multi agent systems, discrete events...
- MANAGEMENT SOLUTION REQUIRES FEWER ADMINISTRATORS. // Online Product News;Jan2002, p6
Reports on the selection of Rockford Corporation of Unicenter database management solutions to manage its Oracle database operations. Expansion in the information technology infrastructure of Rockford; Decrease in database administrators; Application of an ERP software.
- Seagate Software protects NT data. Santoni, Andy // InfoWorld;08/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p30
Evaluates Seagate Software's Replication Exec for Windows NT, a real-time data replication program. Features; Capabilities and uses; Comments of Michael Colemere, vice president of product management and business alliances at Seagate, on the benefits of the program to system administrators;...
- Test-data-management software helps engineers tackle a tough task--before it gets out of hand. Strassberg, Dan // EDN;6/12/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p16
The problem with databases, though, is that anyone who has used even any simple database-management software understands that database management is not an easy task. Most engineers just don't regard database management as part of their jobs. Unfortunately, ignoring database management doesn't...