John Wiley & Sons Acquires U.K. Reference Publisher
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ... // Educational Marketer;4/18/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the acquisition of London, England-based Whurr Publishers Ltd. by Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. Business background of Whurr Publishers Ltd.; Advantage gained by John Wiley & from the transaction.
- Wiley writes next chapter: To grow with acquisitions. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Focuses on New York City-based midsized publisher John Wiley & Sons' expansion of its reach. Acquisition strategy; Vow to remain independent; Revenues for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1999.
- Wiley To Expand Its STM Roster In $1.08B Acquisition of Blackwell. // Educational Marketer;12/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Blackwell Publishing Inc. by John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. The deal is anticipated to close in early 2007 with a value of $1.08 billion. The merger will increase Wiley's journal output of 1250 per year. Wiley will buy the shares of Blackwell through...
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // John Wiley & Sons, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Mar2012, p1
A business analysis of John Wiley & Sons Inc., a company engaged in publishing print and electronic products, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include its broad portfolio of products and services. Weaknesses...
- John Wiley Continues Deal Spree, Buys SimBioSys. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/16/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc. is continuing its acquisition deal with scientific software provider SimBioSys for an undisclosed amount. It mentions that adding additional resources to John Wiley will help the company to provide more research assistance to...
- Wiley Buys PH Direct Ed. Titles. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the acquisition of the teacher education book titles of Prentice Hall Direct company by John Wiley & Sons company. Focus of the acquired titles; Significance of the acquisition to Wiley; Reason for the sale.
- Wiley, Blackwell to merge forces. M. A. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the acquisition of Blackwell Publishing by John Wiley & Sons Inc. in Hoboken, New Jersey. The reason for the buyout is Wiley's aim of expanding its medical publishing, considering Blackwell, whose medical journals accounted for 55% of the firm's business. This Â£572...
- Wiley Buys Finance Line. // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the acquisition of Frank J. Fabozzi Publishing by John Wiley & Sons. Information on the acquired company.
- Paramount acquires Wiley's remedial math books for S. & S. // Library Journal;11/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p30
Reports on the acquisition of the occupation and remedial mathematics book programs of John Wiley & Sons Inc. by Paramount Communications Inc. Details of the book programs; Transfer of programs to the Prentice Hall College Book Division of Simon & Schuster, a division of Paramount; Reasons for...