Perseus Buys CDS; Plans More Publisher Acquisitions
- Distributing in The Age of Perseus. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p2
The article reports on the efforts of book distributors to monitor whether Perseus Books Group could successfully integrate PGW into its existing operations following Perseus' move into the distribution business. People in the distribution business think it will be impossible for Perseus to...
- Indie publisher looks more like a colossus. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p2
The article presents information related to the business growth of Perseus Books Group, a publisher. The company will become the Random House of Indies if its bid to take over Publishers Group West, a bankrupt book distributor, gets the go-ahead, as expected. The distributor is the lifeline to...
- Silence Is Golden for Perseus. Milliot, Jim; Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2007 Fall Preview, Vol. 254 Issue 31, p14
The article reports on the reaction of clients to the integration of PGW into the operation of Perseus Books Group. The PGW transition into Perseus operation received few complaints from clients and retailers. Perseus, after acquiring the distribution contracts for several PGW clients, signed a...
- New House Play: Stock a Distributor. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the complicated relationship between distributors and publishers following the completion of the acquisition of distributor CDS by Perseus. Publishing component of some distributors; Publishers with excess warehouse capacity that are entering the distribution business; Appointment of...
- Perseus Regroups. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 42, p4
The article discusses the reorganization of publishing firm Perseus Books Group, following its purchase by publisher Hachette Book Group. Topics include Hachette's failed plan to sell Perseus's distribution unit; the promotion of Perseus executives Susan Weinberg and Mark Suchomel; and a...
- Distributor Consolidation Sets Off Alarm Bells. Milliot, Jim; Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;1/29/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p4
This article reports on the concerns expressed by independent publishers over the potential takeover of Publishers Group West's (PGW) distribution contracts by Perseus Books Group. If Perseus is successful in acquiring the majority of the distribution contracts of PGW, Perseus will then serve as...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;6/27/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 26, p6
Presents an update on issues related to book publishing in the U.S. as of June 2005. Outcome of the merger of Client Distribution Services Inc. and Perseus Books Group; Decline in revenue of Indigo Books & Music Inc.; Postponement of the release of children's books from Simon & Schuster.
- Perseus to Buy Fisher Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p26
Reports that the Perseus Book Group agreed in June 2000 to acquire Fisher Books of Tucson, Arizona. Schedule of the expected closure of the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for Perseus; Terms of the deal.
- Merger With Running Press A 'Game-Changing Move' That Fits Perseus Books Group's Game Plan. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;3/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p3
Reports the merger between Perseus Books Group and Running Press (RP). Views of chief executive officer of Perseus Jack McKeown on the merger agreement; Job responsibilities of RP president Stuart Teacher; Amount of revenues.