Recurrent Pericarditis Due to Cystic Teratoma of the Mediastinum: A Case Report
- Postradiation Pericarditis with Chronic Pericardial Effusion. Masland, David S.; Rotz Jr., C.T.; Harris Jr., John H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul68, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p97
Presents a study which examined patients who developed chronic pericarditis with pericardial effusion after multiple courses of radiation therapy to the mediastinum. Difficulties involved in establishing the diagnosis and cause of the pericardial effusions; Importance of the complication...
- Intrapericardial teratoma presenting as recurrent pericardial tamponade: Report of a case. Jaswinder Singh; Sandeep Rana; Amulyajit Kaur; Vishal Srivastava; Harkant Singh; Rajeshwar Sharma // Surgery Today;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p700
AbstractÂ Â Intrapericardial teratomas are rare after infancy. An accurate diagnosis can only be made with a high index of suspicion. Most of the time, a mediastinal teratoma ruptures/perforates the pericardial cavity, thus causing either pericardial effusion or life-threatening tamponade....
- The breathless tale of a Brazilian dancer. Ratner, Douglas; Saxena, Madhu // Patient Care;7/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p203
Presents the case of a 27-year-old Brazilian dancer with benign germ cell tumor of the anterior mediastinum. Symptoms; Initial diagnosis of mediastinal teratoma; Clinical and radiologic presentations; Cytologic examination; Performance of an open thoracotomy; Occurrence of malignant...
- Giant mediastinal mature teratoma with increased exocrine pancreatic activity presenting in a young woman: a case report. // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a case study of a 35-year-old Caucasian woman who was diagnosed with giant mature teratoma of the anterior mediastinum. It is reported that, microscopic examinations revealed that, the lesion resembled a mature cystic teratoma with areas of pancreatic tissue. It is reported...
- Purulent pericarditis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis treated with etanercept and methotrexate. Sweet, David D.; Isac, George; Morrison, Bruce; Fenwick, John; Dhingra, Vinay // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Jan2007, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p40
Purulent pericarditis is rarely seen in this post-antibiotic era. We report a case of spontaneous purulent pericarditis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis being treated with etanercept, a tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-Î±) antagonist, and methotrexate, an immunosuppressant. Both are...
- Diagnosing Pericarditis. Goyle, Krishan K.; Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;11/1/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p1695
Provides information on pericarditis, an inflammation of the pericardial sac surrounding the heart. Etiology; Pathophysiology and classification; Clinical features; Diagnosis of pericarditis; Treatment of pericarditis.
- Purulent and Constrictive Pericarditis. Ho, John S.; Flamm, Scott D.; Cook, Patrick J. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p212
Describes a case of a patient in whom staphylococcal purulent pericarditis arising from a remote source was aggressively treated but was rapidly complicated by constrictive pericarditis. Findings of the physical examination of the patient; Most frequent cause of purulent pericarditis; Treatment...
- pericarditis:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p176
A definition of the term "pericarditis," which refers to the inflammation of the pericardium, is presented.
- 68-Year-Old Woman With Chronic Cough and Recurrent Pleural Effusions. Crandall, Mark A.; Mulvagh, Sharon L. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2010, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p479
A quiz which concerns the late diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis is presented.