Publisher Scorecards Hardcover Fiction
- The Potter Effect. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p12
Discusses the impact of the Harry Potter seven-book series on the fundamental mechanics of publishing in the U.S. Description of global publication; Adult authors who have turned to writing young-adult books; Changes made by "The New York Times" to its bestseller lists.
- NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;6/9/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p3
Lists publishers of best selling hardcover fiction as of June 8, 2003 according to the 'New York Times.' Random House; Penguin Group USA; Time Warner; HarperCollins; Simon and Schuster; Holtzbrinck; Harcourt; Tyndale House; Thomas Nelson.
- Publisher Scorecards. // Book Publishing Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the ranking of publishing companies in the paperback fiction list in the U.S. Top-seller books published by the Bantam imprint of Random House; Rank of HarperCollins; Tie between Holtzbrinck and Time Warner for fifth place.
- BIP: Top 10 Children's Publishers Own 25% of Recent Titles. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p4
The article offers information on Simba Information Inc.'s Children's Publishing Market Forecast 2007 report. According to the data on the report, the largest ten publishers, which is ranked by titles published, hold 25% of all juvenile titles published over the last five years. While the top...
- Random House Titles Dominate Paperback Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p7
Provides an update on the ranking of companies based on the longevity of their titles in the U.S. paperback nonfiction list. Domination of Random House Inc. in the nonfiction category; Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the same category; Number of titles in the nonfiction list from other...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Lists the top publishers in terms of number of books included in the New York Times Bestsellers list for the year ending November 4, 2002. Names of publishing companies; Number of books; Number of weeks on the list; Random House; HarperCollins; Simon and Schuster; Penguin Putnam.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p25
Presents news briefs from concerning the book publishing industry, compiled as of May 31, 1999. Includes news on Bill Cosby's promotion of his Hyperion bestseller `Congratulations! Now What? A Book for Graduates'; Publication of the book `Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul,' by Health...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on best selling paperbacks in the U.S. and features author Sue Mon Kidd. Monk says his book Mermaid Chair is his own attempt to answer a woman's desire to love and be free. Meanwhile, the book Su Doku Easy to Hardstill gains strong sales in 206 weeks. A complete list of the...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Hardcover Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;6/30/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p2
Presents a chart listing the publishers with the most number of books on the 'New York Times' newspaper's hardcover fiction best seller lists in the first half of 2003.