New On All New York Times Bestseller Lists
- Memory and Identity: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millenium. Nixon, C. Robert // Library Journal;5/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p124
Reviews the book "Memory and Identity: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millenium," by Pope John Paul II.
- MEMORY AND IDENTITY: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millennium. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 13, p77
Reviews the book "Memory and Identity: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millennium," by Pope John Paul II.
- Alternative universe. Zaleski, Carol // Christian Century;5/17/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p53
Presents an article about the death of Pope John Paul II. Efforts of pilgrims to visit Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome during the illness, death and funeral of the pope; Background on his papacy which depicted the church as a total culture; Overview of his book "Memory and Identity," which...
- John Paul II rejected assassination inquiry. Melady, Thomas P. // National Catholic Reporter;4/29/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p18
This article focuses on the attempt of Pope John Paul II's assassination on May 13,1981. Just before John Paul's death in 2005, the English translation of his new book "Memory and Identity," became available. In the epilogue, he wrote, Mehmet Ali Agca was a professional assassin, this means that...
- The Polish Factor. Wegierski, Mark // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Nov2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p50
The article reviews the book "Memory and Identity: Conversations at the Dawn of a Millennium," by Pope John Paul II.
- Pope laments lessons not learned from 20th century. Thavis, John // National Catholic Reporter;3/4/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article reports that despite the failed ideologies and tragic lessons of the 20th century, modern society still acts as if it can determine good and evil without reference to God, Pope John Paul II warns in his new book, "Memory and Identity: Conversations Between Millenniums." The Rizzoli...
- The Enlightenment & All That. Prusak, Bernard G. // Commonweal;6/3/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p28
Reviews the book "Memory and Identify: Conversations at the Dawn of the Millennium," by Pope John Paul II.
- CHRISTIANS TO POPE: DON'T HATE. J.R.C. // Just Out;3/4/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the call made by the National Religious Leadership Roundtable for the Pope to embrace the spirit of Christianity in his treatment of gays and lesbians. Rejection by the Roundtable of Pope John Paul II's statement that same-sex marriages are "part of a new ideology of evil," from his...
- A chronology of hate. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;4/7/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p15
Presents a chronology of statements issued by the late Pope John Paul II against homosexuality from 1978 to 2005. Commendation of American bishops for preaching that gay sex was inherently sinful in a speech at the Quigley South Seminary in Chicago, Illinois on October 5, 1979; Risk associated...