Simon & Schuster Q1 Sales Up 6% To Reach $159.7 Million; Fiction Leads
- Simon & Schuster Revenue Up 2% in Q3. // Book Publishing Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the increase in revenue of Simon & Schuster Inc., a sister company of CBS Corp. in New York. The mother company reported a 2% revenue increase within the publishing segment for the third quarter of 2006. High sales and distribution fees are considered reasons for this...
- S&S Credits The Secret, Lower Royalty Write-Offs for Q1. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the success of the book "The Secret," by Rhonda Byrne, published by Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. The author explains that the increase in its sales can be attributed to lower royalty write-offs, lower information technology (IT) costs and higher distribution fees....
- S&S Has Strong Period, Expects More. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the increase in sales and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of Simon & Schuster Inc. for the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Contribution of operating divisions to the company's profit; Sales forecast for Christmas.
- Sales, Earnings Fall at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the decline in the 2000 second-quarter earnings of publisher Simon & Schuster. Amount of decline in sales; Factors that affected the financial performance of the company.
- Sales, Earnings Up at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the sales and earnings at publisher Simon & Schuster for the second quarter that ended June 30, 2001. Books that contributed to the gains; Update on the educational and professional publishing infrastructure; Sales for the first half of the year.
- Second-Quarter Sales Up 13% at Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the sales increase posted by Simon & Schuster for the second-quarter ended June 30, 2004. Earnings of the company; Information on the books published by the company that sold well; Details on the performance of the company.
- Industry Coping, Hoping As Economy Slows. Zeitchik, Steven; Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p153
Focuses on the economic condition of the United States book industry in 2001. Force driving the industry's economic performance; Economic concerns of publishers; Financial performance of Simon & Schuster for the first half of 2001; Sales growth on the retail side. INSET: Studies See...
- Simon & Schuster 2004 Revenues Up 8%, Fueled By Children's And Audio. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the increase in the 2004 revenues of Simon & Schuster Inc., a publishing company and a division of Viacom Inc. Impact of the increase sales of the publisher's children and audio book divisions in the revenue of the company; Comparison of the revenues incurred by the publisher from its...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.