Simon & Schuster Leading Advice/Misc. Category
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- Love for Sale. Danford, Natalie; Dyer, Lucinda; Mantell, Suzanne; Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 27, p20
Focuses on the different strategies being taken by several U.S. publishers to expand readership of the books they release. Information on the best strategy for increasing market share according to Judith Curr, publisher of Atria and Washington Square Press; Main technique for increasing market...
- Gaining Converts. Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on an increase in the electronic book offerings of some publishing companies in the U.S. Simon & Schuster, whose e-book sales quadrupled in 2008, is adding 5,000 titles to its list, while Random House, recording a 400% year-on-year increase in e-book sales, is doubling its...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
Lists the top 10 publishers for paperback fiction year-to-date 2003. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon and Schuster; HarperCollins; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Harlequin Book Publishing; Kensington; Harcourt; Norton; Tyndale House.
- Penguin Leads Paperback Fiction List; Kite Runner Still Flying High. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the top publishing companies based on their sales of paperback fiction in the U.S. Penguin Group USA Inc. grabbed the number one spot in this category, which was attributed to the positive performance of "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. This company is followed by...
- CHOSEN AT RANDOM. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Random House Inc.'s 1997 booksellers forum held in Toronto, Ontario. Participating booksellers' assessment of the event; Information that the publisher was able to gather regarding the way it does business with independent bookstores; Suggestions made by booksellers on how the...
- Publisher Scorecards Children's Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
Presents charts depicting the scorecards children's lists of Simon & Schuster Inc. Author of the top children's picture book "The Polar Express;" Number of weeks that the children's paperback "Because of Winn-Dixie" topped the list of the publishing company; List of the children's bestsellers...
- Simon & Schuster Leads NYT Children's List. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. is the top publisher in the competitive children's publisher universe according to the analysis of the children's "New York Times" best seller list. Number of titles published by the publishing company for 35 weeks; Name of the most successful children's title...
- S&S Nixes Chinese 'Living History'. // Publishers Weekly;1/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the decision of Simon & Schuster (S&S) to terminate the rights of Yilin Press to publish the book "Living History," by Hillary Clinton in China in January 2004. Reason behind the decision of S&S; Number of copies printed by Yilin.