- ROMAN HOLIDAY. Steinfels, Margaret O'Brien // Commonweal;3/26/2004, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p30
Presents an article on attending the celebration of the Day of the Sick and the seventy-fifth anniversary of the Lateran Treaty, which recognized the Vatican as an autonomous state, on February 11, 2004. Details of the ceremony; Importance of celebrating the events; Information on an encounter...
- Of Many Things. Reese, Thomas J. // America;10/31/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 13, p2
Comments on the 20th anniversary of the election of Pope John Paul II and his impact on the world and the church. Pope's support for solidarity and freedom in Poland; Implications of his elections to the Polish people; His achievements during his 20 years as pope.
- U.S. cardinals flock to festivities. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;10/31/2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the participation of U.S. cardinals in the 25th anniversary celebration of Pope John Paul's pontificate in Rome, Italy. Affiliations of the cardinals who participated in the event; Role and honor associated with a cardinal.
- Chatting with cardinals all over town. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;10/31/2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the cardinals who attended the 25th anniversary of the Pope John Paul II's pontificate in Rome, Italy. Interview conducted by CNN with Angelo Scola, patriarch of Venice; Press conference given by Cardinal George Pell of Sydney, New South Wales; Perspectives given by the cardinals on...
- Publisher denies pope's book was sabotaged. // National Catholic Reporter;12/23/94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p11
Reports on publisher Hoffmann and Campe's denial that the German edition of Pope John Paul II's book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope' has been sabotaged. Complaints of mistranslations in the book; Examples of errors in the book.
- Publishing the Pope. Tetlow, Joseph A. // America;9/29/1979, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p154
The article reports on the publishing of books and literature about Pope John Paul II in the U.S. According to the author, the writings have been well received by a number of people across the country. The books include "Pope John Paul II, A Festive Profile," by Ludvik Nemec, "Pope John Paul II,...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p7
The article presents several news related to books that appeared in the March 29, 2004, issue of the journal "Book Publishing Report." Source Interlink Co. has signed a deal with company Marvel Comics to distribute comic and graphic novel titles to specialty markets in North America. Publishers...
- New encyclical in works. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;03/06/98, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p9
Provides information about the encyclical written by Pope John Paul II on the relationship between philosophy and faith. Tentative title of the document; Reference points of the documents; Purpose in writing the document.
- The Perennial Pope. Schlumpf, Heidi // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p34
Recommends several books published about Pope John Paul II as of May 2003. Concept of the collection 'Go In Peace: A Gift of Enduring Love'; Information provided by the book 'John Paul II: A Light for the World'; Titles about the history of the office and the way in which popes are selected.