Dark Horse Riding On Success of Sin City
- Comic Watch: Borders Bankruptcy Brings Down Tokyopop as Dark Horse Makes Cuts. // Book Publishing Report;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the impact of Borders Group Inc.'s bankruptcy on the comic industry. It says that U.S.' largest independent manga comics publisher and distributor Tokyopop Inc. which has estimated 2010 sales of 14.8 million dollars was affected and will shut down its Los Angeles,...
- NYCC: Dark Horse Digital Strategy Includes Brick & Mortar Partnerships. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2010, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the digital strategy of comic and graphic novel publisher Dark Horse Comics Inc. announced during the New York Comic Con (NYCC) in 2010. The publisher offers pricing details and approval toward direct market stores. It notes that its comics will be priced at 1.49 dollars...
- 'Hellboy' Sales Brisk. MacDonald, Heidi // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p22
Provides information on the sales performance of the book series "Hellboy" published by Dark Horse as of May 24, 2004. Ranking of the book on Bookscan's graphic list novel at the beginning of May 2004; Hellboy titles landed among Bookscan's top 100; Comment from Michael Martens, Dark Horse vice...
- Cirque du Freak. Rivett, Miriam // Children's Literature in Education;Jun2002, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p97
Cirque du Freak , The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1, was published in the United Kingdom in January 2000. It was billed as first in a projected series of over 24 separate installments; part five, Trials of Death came out in the UK in October 2001. The series is now published in fifteen countries...
- The Trouble with the Authors Guild. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;7/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p67
Addresses the so-called crisis in midlist books, or literary fiction and serious nonfiction, according to a study commissioned by the Authors Guild. Decline in library midlist purchases; Correlation between rising serial costs and the purchase of scholarly monographs; Research compiled by...
- AAP Reports January Sales Increase Amid Strong Elementary Sales. // Educational Marketer;03/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the overall increase in the January 2000 sales of the college instructional market, according to figures reported by the Association for American Publishers.
- Adult Hardcover Sales Not So Springy In May. // Book Publishing Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the decrease in sales for adult hardcover books. Percentage of decline in sales; Sales performance of paperbacks; Percentage of returns.
- Powell's: Racy Young Adult Books Dominating Children's Section. // Book Publishing Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the increase in the sales of adult books at Powell's City of Books store in Portland, Oregon. According to Michelle Williamson, sections manager for children's books at the store, sales of young adult books increased by about 40 percent. Williamson revealed that children's...
- Stroll Malakoff: Chamber sets downtown events. // Malakoff News (TX);6/19/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 25, p1A
The article offers information on the Book Sale and Garage Sale Tailgating Event! sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce to be held in downtown Malakoff, Texas on June 27, 2009.