Zondervan Looks To Target Young Readers Through Wal-Mart
- Purpose-Driven Life Leads Hardcover Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p6
Reports that the Zondervan Publishing House company's imprint of the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren has spent several weeks in the top hardcover list in the "New York Times" in the U.S. Celebration made in honor of Warren; Estimated number of sold copies of the book; Lists of...
- Grove/Atlantic Revives Black Cat Imprint. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p13
Announces the revival of Black Cat imprint, a line of paperback originals from Grove/Atlantic. List of paperback originals that will be released in the fall of 2004; Books included in the Black Cat list; Plans of Grove for marketing the new Black Cat originals.
- How to Publish? Let Me Count the Ways. WINN ALLISON, SCOTCH // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 32, p72
The author reflects on publishing options she's tried in her six books, including going through traditional publishers, self-publishing, and publishing through internet commerce company Amazon's imprint Lake Union. She states while she enjoys writing a story, she doesn't enjoy marketing and...
- Starting a fire. Dyer, Alison // Quill & Quire;Aug2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p22
The article reports that Garry Cranford created Flanker Press and had been working for over two decades as an administrator with the provincial government. Flanker has focused primarily on regional non-fiction and historical fiction. Last fall Flanker launched Pennywell Books, an imprint that...
- Monograph. Sinclair, Mark // Creative Review;Jun2014 Monograph, p1
The article presents information and images of book publisher Penguin Press's 2014 reintroduction of their Pelican non-fiction imprint. Topics include images of the company's Pelican logo and advertisements from the past, a history of the design of the Pelican, and details on Penguin's look and...
- Amazon ventures into traditional publishing. Leddy, Chuck // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb2012, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on early moves by the online retail and e-book publishing company Amazon.com as of February 2012 to enter into the traditional publishing market. Details are given highlighting announcements by Amazon that it will publish unique titles under its own imprints and its hiring of...
- DreamWorks Press Gears Up for Fall Launch. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 29, p4
The article discusses the anticipated fall 2014 release of books by publisher DreamWorks Press, which is a publishing unit of the movie studio DreamWorks Animation. Topics include books inspired by the studio's movie franchises such as "Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda"; the press's young adult...
- Eponymous Imprints--They're Not Just For Ego Boosting Anymore. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the use of imprints by publishers to attract the interest of book buyers. Identification of a quality book; Opportunity for the editor to change the nature of their work; Marketing strategy of the publishers.
- How do imprints, subsidiaries and parent houses differ? // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep2001, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the difference between an imprint, a subsidiary and the parent publisher. Definitions; Publishing rules; Recommendations.