Nat Geo Explores Education Aid
- Nat'l Geo taps Ong domestic prez. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;05/08/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 12, p108
Announces the appointment of Laureen Ong as the inaugural president of the National Geographic's soon-to-launch United States channel. Her responsibilities; Indications of her appointment.
- Guiding National Geo's uphill climb. Mcconville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p56
Interviews Laureen Ong, president of National Geographic Channel. Challenges in putting up the network; History of National Geographic Channel. INSET: The cable force was with her.
- Nat Geo Moves to Maintain Momentum. mstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p39
The article reports that the National Geographic Channel will look to build on its ratings success with a slate of new series and specials focusing on science, nature, and technology. President Laureen Ong said that the 64 million subscriber network will take to engage its target...
- Extending and enhancing a trusted brand. Puig, Yvonne // Daily Variety;11/20/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 36, pA6
The article describes the role of Laureen Ong, president of the National Geographic Channel, in the establishment of the brand in 2000. Being the first and only employee and having only eight months to launch the network, Ong had the great responsibility to recruit an additional 130 people....
- National Geographic projects that you can do in Pakistan. Ansari, Saman // Technology Times;9/22/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p5
The article offers information on the National Geographic Geo-Educator, an educational program in Pakistan by American television channel National Geographic Channel, which provides fundamental knowledge about the effects of human beings on nature.
- NGC Adds 'Everyday' Schools. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p40
The article reports on the in-school program sponsored by the National Geographic Channel and affiliate in the U.S. The program "Everyday Explorers" provides suggestions for kids on how to investigate in their local community while another project, "Geographic Groceries," directs students to the...
- Nat Geo's 'Diary' Entries Lack Depth. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p20
Reviews the latest installment of the World Diary series 'Colombia's Forgotten Children,' from National Geographic Channel narrated by Helena Cavendish de Moura.
- Mipbits. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, pM14
Reports that the National Geographic Channels has appointed three acquisition executives, coinciding with the international launches of its branded channel on September 1, 1997.
- Laureen Ong to Head Travel. // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p26
The article announces that Laureen Ong has been appointed as the president of Travel Channel.