Ops Are Getting in Tone
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Taiwan b'casters go on a shopping spree. Webster, Michael // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Discusses various aspects concerning the cable television industry in Taiwan. Implications of the government regulations on cable television industry; Impact of the Mip Television Asia on the commercial policy regarding the industry; Economic conditions of the industry.
- CAST '83. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p242
The article offers information on the International Cable & Satellite Television Exhibition & Conference to be held at National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on September 11-14, 1983.
- Cable networks to discuss interactive marketing. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/93, Vol. 123 Issue 33, p41
Announces the holding of a conference by the cable industry to discuss the value of interactive marketing. Featured speakers; Keynote speaker; Sponsor; Date and place where the conference will be held.
- Diller added to Casbaa. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;8/5/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia convention and trade show to be held in Hong Kong, China from October 28-30, 2008.
- Catharsis? Not Quite. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p52
Shares reflections on the United States cable industry at the beginning of 2001. Shedding of complete file drawers on numerous industry events; Proposal for a virtual gathering.