Co-Op Brings IPTV to OK
- Intelligent network gains new ground. Hurley, Hanna // Telephony;05/17/99, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p118
Announces the acquisition of intelligent network services by Pioneer Telephone Cooperative and US LEC. Information on Pioneer; Objectives of both companies; Planned services of Pioneer and US LEC.
- VOIP: Welcome to the Dark Side? Buyer, Martha // Business Communications Review;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
The article presents information on the voice over IP (VOIP) service offering. VOIP technology creates new regulatory issues, including: 911/ E-911 and Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA)--because of the nature of VOIP, certain functionalities, including location...
- FCC VOIP Policy: Follow The Money. Kuehn, Richard A. // Business Communications Review;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p66
The article presents information on the Federal Communications Commission's VOIP policy. Over the past 30 years, all levels of government--federal, state and local--have levied tax upon tax on telecom; it's become a cash cow for government. The multitude of fees, taxes and surcharges on the...
- WinStar to roll out wireless multipoint. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p8
Discloses that WinStar Communications Inc. will deploy point-to-multipoint wireless local networks over its 38 GHz frequency using Siemens Telecom Networks and Broadband Networks. Expected reduction in the company's cost structure; Advantage of the move in the local multipoint distribution...
- TI puts LMDS to the test. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/01/96, Vol. 231 Issue 1, p12
Reports on Texas Instruments' completion of the first battery of field tests of its local multipoint distribution service technology (LMDS), a two-way wireless transmission method. TI's promotion of LMDS as an alternative to wireline broadband systems for the delivery of telephony, data and...
- Wireless cable takeoff? Levine, Shira // Telephony;06/23/97, Vol. 232 Issue 25, p29
Reports on the display of wireless cable technologies at the 1997 Supercomm conference and trade show. Broadband Networks Inc.'s Reunion broadband wireless access system; Bosch Telecom's MulTIpoint network system for the local multipoint distribution service spectrum; Multipoint distribution...
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
Presents comments from readers on issues and events related to the multi-channel communication industry in the U.S. Move of DirecTV that would make it a formidable competitor of EchoStar; High cost of WiMax spectrum in the U.S.; Explanation that wireless speed will make wireless offerings by...
- Broadband Wireless: Not More Of The Same. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, pI-5
Compares the technologies underlying the broadband wireless Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS) and Local Multipoint Distribution Service (LMDS). Radio frequencies; Installation and equipment costs; Cable modem manufacturers interested in broadband wireless.
- Multidrop Line. // Network Dictionary;2007, p321
A definition of the term "Multidrop Line" is presented. The term refers to a communications line with multiple cable access points. It is sometimes called a multipoint line.