Record DSL Adds for Bells
- Telco Video: Where's the Edge? Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the efforts of the telephone industry in entering the video business in the U.S., as of March 2005. Implications of multistate fiber deployments by Verizon Communications Inc. for the industry; Information on the rebuilding of digital subscriber lines by SBC Communications Inc.; Views...
- SBC, Verizon Lead Way In Quarterly DSL Gains. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the financial performance of the U.S. digital subscriber line (DSL) companies SBC Communications Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2002. Number of DSL subscribers added to the companies; Expectations of SBC regarding growth in its DSL...
- Q2 DSL Growth Remains Stable. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p27
Reports the digital subscriber line growth among Verizon Communications, SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. during the second quater of 2002 in the U.S. Number of subscribers added; Details on the company revenues and earnings; Management schemes.
- Broadband backpedaling. Levine, Shira // America's Network;4/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the investment on broadband communication systems by telecommunication companies in the U.S. Expansion of the digital subscriber lines of Verizon Communications Inc.; Initiation of the investment of SBC Communications Inc. on broadband; Indications of more percentage of subscribers...
- I WANT MY DSL TV. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;5/3/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p23
Comments on the increase in the number of DSL subscribers for telephone companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2004. Net additions reported by SBC Communications and Verizon; Benefits of price cuts and aggressive marketing.
- RBOCs report strong demand for DSL services. Martin, Michael // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p23
Reports on an explosive growth in year 2000 of digital subscribe line (DSL) numbers for the regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Subscribers of SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, Qwest Communications and Bellsouth; Reasons for the rise in DSL numbers.
- BellSouth Mulls Speed Tiers, Pricing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p27
BellSouth Corp. is eyeing possible changes to digital subscriber line (DSL) pricing and tiered speeds to better its chances in the broadband-services battleâ€” but that might not include a price drop in line with its Baby Bell peers. At the mid-year mark, the Atlanta-based regional Bell...
- Telco Competition. // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p2
The article presents an update on telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 1, 2005. UBS expects Verizon to get 20,000 video subscribers by the end of the year and 345,000 by 2006. SBC has decided to drop the rate for its SBC Yahoo! Digital Subscriber Line Pro to $21.99 per month.
- Ops Downplay Impact of Verison DSL Discount. Farrell, Mike; Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p31
The article focuses on the performance of U.S. cable operators in the high-speed Internet business market. Verizon Communications Inc. decided to introduce new digital subscriber lines (DSL) pricing scheme in select markets by May 13, 2003. SBC Communications Inc. reduced its DSL pricing to $25...