How Phone Can Help Small Ops
- COMING SOON: VIDEO-ON-DEMAND. // CED;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
This article presents information on the video-on-demand service. There is nothing more technologically difficult than VOD. Operationally and technologically, it is much harder than launching telephony. There are few experts with the experience to help make it work, and one hasn't received the...
- GRAVE danger? Brown, Karen // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the struggle of circuit-switched telephony, the technology that gave cable operators an entry to voice service, against being pushed aside for the latest technology, voice-over-Internet Protocol. Charter Communications Inc.'s constant bitrate telephony market; Inclusion of customer...
- Stimulating Residential Telephony. Weingarten, Michael; Stuck, Bart // Business Communications Review;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the trends in the telecommunications industry in the U.S. Size of the total residential market; Profitability of residential service; Impact of residential telephony on market share.
- GCI to Make the Telephony Switch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p43
Presents information on the conversion of circuit switched telephony subscribers to voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) by General Communications Inc. (GCI) in Alaska in 2004. Factor that led GCI to enter the local-loop telephone business; Benefits of the move to GCI; Strategies adopted by the...
- Knology Adds Subs With Sunflower Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p15
The article reports that overbuilder Knology Inc. has confirmed to purchase Sunflower Broadband for 165 million dollars in cash.
- LOCAL MSO STAYS AHEAD BY FOCUSING ON SERVICE. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the operations of Lawrence, Kansas-based independent cable operator Sunflower Broadband as of February 2005. Size of its subscriber base; Services provided by the company to its customers; Remarks of Sunflower general manager Patrick Knorr regarding the company.
- Billion dollar LAN telephony market sales triple in 2001. // Electronics Weekly;3/6/2002, Issue 2042, p6
Reports on the value of the local area network telephony market in 2001. Growth of the market by 2006; Company with the largest market share.
- VoIP Gains Ground. Peterson, Shane // Government Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Presents preliminary findings of research on residential voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone subscribers in the U.S., conducted by TeleGeography. Number of subscribers in March 2005; Forecast on the growth of U.S. subscribers and revenues; Market share of Vonage in the home VoIP market.
- Nokia holds top spot. Kelly, Benedict // Finweek;10/19/2006, p71
The article focuses on the market competition between smart-phones and personal digital assistants (PDA). Each device has a phone plus data organizer capabilities, with PDA having the presence of a full keyboard and smart-phone having a normal or modified numeric keypad. Research indicates that...