Real's Subs: A Rhapsody in Green
- Real Promotes New Model For Over-The-Air Downloads. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/20/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p30
The article focuses on the business model for the downloading of music over-the-air to cellphones launched by RealNetworks in Spain. It relates the cost of the music downloading service of RealNetworks in Spain being offered in partnership with wireless carrier Vodafone. The model for...
- What Price Rhapsody? It Starts At $0. Brund, Antony // Billboard;5/7/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the Rhapsody service offered by subscription music services provider RealNetworks in its aim to match existing peer-to-peer services. Launch by RealNetworks of its Rhapsody to Go service; Upgrade done by RealNetworks on its Harmony service.
- Mr. nice guy. // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p78
Discloses how Rob Glaser's company RealNetworks earned the moniker `Oppressive Networks' from a former employee.
- Real Networks gets a reality check. Trott, Bob; Walsh, Jeff // InfoWorld;08/03/98, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p16
Reports that Real Networks' chief executive officer Rob Glaser has criticized Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Media Player for sabotaging its competing product RealPlayer. Reaction of Microsoft to the accusation; Need for Real Networks to focus on other business opportunities. INSETS: Vendors vow...
- RealNetworks releases Helix DNA source code to developers. // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p21
Reports on the release of the Helix DNA Client source code from RealNetworks Inc. as of November 2002. Use of the product by developers in the Helix Community; Comment from Rob Glaser, chief executive of RealNetworks, on the significance of the release of the technology.
- ROB GLASER. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p46
Profiles Rob Glaser, chief executive officer and chairman of RealNetworks. Career history; Achievements; Job responsibilities; Plans for the company.
- ROB GLASER. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;6/1/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 22, ps23
Profiles Rob Glaser, chairman and chief executive officer of RealNetworks. Career highlights; Comments.
- REALNETWORKS CEO ANKLES. GRASER, MARC // Daily Variety;1/15/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 10, p49
The article reports that the founder of RealNetworks Inc. Rob Glaser has resigned from the position of chief executive officer (CEO) of the online entertainment software company.
- Q&A. // Sound & Vision;Apr/May2009, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p24
The article provides an answer to a question whether there are online music services that allow downloads at Digital Video Disc-Audio-and Super Audio Compact Disc-quality sampling rates.