Dish Adds a Karaoke Channel
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p2
Presents updates on the U.S. cable television industry as of June 2006. Wholesale distribution agreements of Echostar and DirecTV with satellite broadband service WildBlue Communications; Launch of DishGames by DISH.
- Russia -- Digital Economy and Digital TV -- Insights, Statistics and Analysis. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p15
The article presents insights, statistics, and analysis of Russia's cable television (TV), terrestrial, Internet protocol TV and satellite platforms, and highlights key developments in the country's digital economy and digital TV.
- Who do you believe? // Telecom Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the conflicting data gathered by some research firms such as PaidContent and SNL Kagan concerning the performance of cable television services with the introduction of internet-based television in the U.S.
- What happens when CATV meets IPTV? Bairstow, Jeffrey // Laser Focus World;Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p88
The author reflects on the services of cable television (CATV) and Internet protocol television (IPTV). He mentions that CATV offering hundreds of channels will likely undergo a slow death as the integration of channels operating under IPTV emerges. He notes that subscription to Roku is more...
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industry, as of April 17, 2006. Plan of EchoStar Communications to appeal a jury verdict that awarded TiVo Inc. $74 million in damages from the company for patent infringement; Agreement entered into by CNET with Cox...
- ESPN's 360-Degree Leap. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/25/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p32
In this article the author discusses the issue concerning the payment for the access of ESPN360.com, the online service providing live sports events in the U.S. He cites on the agreement of cable provider Comcast Corp. to pay for its broadband customers so that they can access the online...
- Bringing Pay TV to the PC. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p50
Focuses on the plan of VDC Corp. to include cable networks and video-on-demand programming in its Internet subscription service. Emphasis of Robert Heymann Jr., chairman of VDC, on the role of the service as complementary to cable; Aim of VDC to improve the existing quality of Internet video;...
- Product focus--IPTV. // Market: Europe;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
This article announces that one of the world's largest multi-national telecommunications companies is upgrading its service in the Czech Republic and would offer Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). IPTV refers to digital television programming delivered over the Internet instead of broadcast or...