Bravo's Original Prerogative
- TV Land, Nick get original. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;12/16/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the move of classic television networks TV Land and Nick at Nite to produce original scripted and unscripted television series and specials in the U.S. Common themes of the planned programming; Citations of the titles of the productions; Plans of the two cable networks for their...
- THE PEABODY AWARDS. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;5/18/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p11
The article introduces a series of articles about the television shows and specials honored with the George Foster Peabody Award. They include "Avatar: The Last Airbender," "Black Magic," "Lost," "Hopkins," "John Adams," "Nanking," "Breaking Bad," "60 Minutes: Lifeline," "Entourage" and "The Gates."
- NEXT CHANGE SWEEP STAKES. Schneider, Michael // Variety;12/2/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the popularity of original television programs over television specials and miniseries in the U.S. as of December 2, 2002. Comparison of the composition of regularly scheduled programs in CBS, ABC and NBC in November 2002; Factor which made miniseries less attractive to networks;...
- Family Sharpens Its Focus on Teenagers. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the effort of cable network ABC Family Channel to air more programs targeted at teenagers as of April 2003. Programming changes planned for the network; Decision of the network to broadcast specials and series including shows from the reality genre; Teen shows that will be added in...
- Specials Shape History's Next Chapter. Umstead, R. Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the plan of History Channel to launch original television series and specials in the U.S. in 2005. Television series to be launched by the network; List of television specials that will be featured by the company.
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;5/16/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p5
Presents updates on mass media in the U.S. as of May 16, 2005. Percentage of kids television advertising that was sold for the week; Addition of television series and specials by E! Entertainment Television; Expansion of the national sales team of Clear Channel Entertainment Properties.
- 'Friends' renewed. // Electronic Media;12/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the renewal of the deal for the television serial 'Friends' by NBC television for the tenth season as of December 30, 2002. Provisions of the deal; Money earned by the television channel through the serial.
- Bravo ready to do Dallas. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;3/29/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 61, p4
The article reports that NBCUniversal Media LLC cabler, Bravo Cable Network, is heading to Texas to do another dating series entitled "Most Eligible: Dallas" after the success with its "Real Housewives."
- 'Breaking News' Finds Home: Bravo. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p12
Reports the debut of the television series 'Breaking News' at Bravo network in the U.S. Cast of the series; Plans of Bravo for the marketing campaign of the series; Cost of show per episode.