This Just In
- Dreaming of fine living. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the entry of Fine Living cable television network from Scripps Networks on the cable market in the U.S. Focus of the channel on providing entertainment and information to the viewers; Distribution prospects of the network on digital tiers; Strategy of the channel to attract advertisers.
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- Scripps Sets New Sales Strategy. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the decision made by Scripps Networks to sell its cable networks as it enters the advertising market in March 2005.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;1/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of the publication "Multichannel News" including "Cable Rates Rise 3%-4% on Average in 2016" in the January 18, 2016 issue and "Cuba-Themed Network Set to Launch This Spring" in the January 19, 2016 issue.
- Flash! back. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p7
Presents the top 10 most likely to succeed cable channels in the U.S. in 1995, according to cable executives, including Cartoon Network.
- LINGO. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p8
The article discusses the development of television navigation system wherein one could limitless find and allow the viewing of video from any source including DVR, the Internet and a computer's hard drive.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.