Ex-Exec: Allen, Vogel Knew
- Vogel Wants Allen To Buy Charter Debt. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p3
Reports the meeting between chief executive Carl Vogel and chairman Paul Allen on public debt in the U.S. Negotiation between Vogel and Allen about investment in Charter public debt; Proposed investment amount by Vogel; Benefits for the investment.
- Plea for Ex-Charter Executive. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the guilty plea of former Charter Communications Inc. executive James Smith III to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud as of January 10, 2005. Reason for the guilty plea; Overview of the alleged fraud scheme of Charter; Other Charter executives charged with conspiracy to...
- Allen adds to cable wired vision. // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on Paul G. Allen's acquisition of Charter Communications cable operator.
- With charter, Allen has $7 billion in cable. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on Paul Allen's planned $4.5-billion purchase of a controlling interest in Charter Communications company. Perception that the purchase value of the company being more that $3,500 per subscriber; Reference to Allen's payment for a percent of Marcus Cable in early 1998;...
- Allen's big stretch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p42
Reports that Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen has invested about $4.6 billion to finance the $10.6 billion wave of cable acquisitions for his Charter Communications Inc. Estimated fortune of Allen; Value of junk bonds Charter is attempting to sell to refinance existing debt; Allen's other...
- Charter Says Chapter 11 Rumors Are False. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the statement given by an official from Charter Communications Inc. in response to rumors that the company may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Concerns of investors regarding the company; Speculation on the move of Charter's founder and controlling shareholder Paul Allen...
- Charter Surges on Allen Buyout Hopes. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p25
Reports the move of Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen to privatize Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Amount of the company stocks; Control percentage of Allen on the company's vote; Investment of Allen on the company stock.
- Kent ankles Charter over merger flap. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/25/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the resignation of Jerald Kent as chief executive officer of Charter Communications following a dispute with controlling shareholder Pull Allen over the cabler's proposed combination with RCN, another Allen-owned cable outfit.
- Charter CEO Kent leaves suddenly; stock price dives. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/25/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the resignation of Charter Communications president and chief executive officer Jerald Kent. Effectivity date; Lack of explanation for the sudden departure; Dismissal of published reports regarding Kent's dismissal; Career highlights.