Comcast Sizzles In First Quarter, Ups Its Guidance
- Slow and Steady. // CableFAX Daily;11/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 216, p2
The article reports on the decision of Brian Roberts of Comcast to control the company's Internet telephony platform in the U.S. in 2005. According to Roberts, the downside of the decision is delayed revenue and disappointment among investors. Roberts commented on borrowing against free cash...
- FROM THE PIPE. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Considers the views of Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of Comcast, on the communications technology industry. His plans for the company; Position of Roberts on the idea of free-cash flow; Attendance at the 2003 Western Show in Anaheim, California.
- COMCAST PUTS NUMBERS ON VoIP ROLLOUT. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p22
Reports on Comcast's commitment of majority of its network voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP)-compatible by the end of 2005. Benefits of the VoIP launched on Comcast's status in the residential voice services market; Cities where Comcast plans to launch its service; Comments of Chief Executive...
- Philly's Phones: Comcast Emphasizes Telephony, HSD. // CableFAX Daily;1/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the message by Brian Roberts of Comcast during a Citigroup conference held in Arizona in 2006 focusing on video-on-demand and Internet telephony. Increase in Internet telephony subscription targeted by Comcast for 2006; Factor that will improve the cash flow growth of the Comcast.
- Comcast's in demand. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/29/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 21, p1
This article presents information related to Comcast Corp. Buoyed by high-end digital services, Comcast Corp.saw profits more than quadruple in the last quarter as customers rushed to use video-ondemand the new killer app of the cable biz or signed up for high-speed Internet. Comcast c h a i r -...
- Comcast Plunges Into DVR, Gaming. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p14
The article reports that chief executive officer Brian Roberts of Comcast Corp. announced an in-home multitelevision digital-video-recording trial with Samsung Electronics Co. and Ucentric Systems. Comcast recently extended a contract with Motorola Broadband Communications Sector for new set-top...
- Comcast earmarks capital for ambitious RGU growth. // CED;Mar2007, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
The article presents business forecasts for Comcast Corp. in the U.S. The company expects to increase its revenue generating units (RGUs) in 2007 to about 6.5 billion by the end of the year. Comcast believes that it can achieve a 20 percent market share in the small and medium-size business...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
Presents news briefs on media companies in the U.S. as of May 2004. Details of the move of Comcast Corp. President Brian Roberts to testify before the Senate Commerce Committee regarding the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Plans of Comcast Corp. to pay the advertising revenue claims of the city...
- Comcast mum on NBC Uni. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;11/5/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Comcast Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts has promised continued returns to shareholders as he tried to quell fears that a deal with NBC Universal would not be in the interest of investors.