Congenital Arteriovenous Malformations Involving the Pelvis and Retroperitoneum: A Case Report
- Angiodysplasia of the Lower Limb with Arterial Aneurysms: Comments on a Clinical Case. Moreira Da Costa, Joaquim; Caetano Pereira, Mario; Mergulhão Mendonça, José // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1983, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
A clinical case of angiodysplasia of the lower limb in which were found arterial aneurysms together with arterio-venous fistulae, venous dilatation and dysplasia, cutaneous naevi and bone dystrophy, is presented. The surgical management required ressection of the arterial aneurysms and ligation...
- Successful Repair of Popliteal Artery Pseudoaneurysm After Tibial Lengthening Osteotomy in a 7-Year-Old Boy. Bowman, Jonathan N.; Ellozy, Sharif H.; Ting, Jess; Ghiassi, Saber // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p610
Popliteal artery injury is a known but rare complication of elective orthopedic procedures. This case report describes the diagnosis and treatment of a popliteal artery pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula after a tibial lengthening osteotomy in a 7-year-old boy.
- Embolization of Renal Artery Aneurysm and Arteriovenous Fistula: A Case Report. Trocciola, Susan M.; Chaer, Rabih A.; Lin, Stephanie C.; Dayal, Rajeev; Scherer, Matthew; Garner, Matthew; Coil, Deidre; Kent, K. Craig; Faries, Peter L. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p525
A renal artery aneurysm with an associated arteriovenous fistula in a native kidney has been reported infrequently in the literature. Management depends on size, location, and the patient's physiological condition. We describe a case in which endovascular therapy was used to successfully exclude...
- TRAUMATIC ANEURYSMS AND ARTERIO-VENOUS FISTULAE. Fraser, Guiermo A. // Vascular Surgery;Dec1970, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p258
Historical, etiological, pathological and clinical features of traumatic aneurysms and arterio-venous fistulae have been reviewed. Six illustrative case reports indicate no mortality or morbidity when modern definitive treatment is instituted in young adults with non-apthologic blood vessels.
- FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES GOVERNING THE CARE OF TRAUMATIC ARTERIOVENOUS ANEURYSMS. Holman, Emile // Angiology;Jun1954, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p145
The immediate treatment of arterial injuries by ligation was abandoned in the Korean War and replaced by prompt repair and reconstruction of the artery with dramatic reduction ill the amputation rate for arterial injuries, i.e. from 72 per cent to 21 per cent in the ease of the injured popliteal...
- Autogenous arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis complicated with a giant venous aneurysm. Erg�/4nes, Kazim; Yetkin, Ufuk; G�/4nes, Tevfik; Bademci, Mehmet; G�/4rb�/4z, Ali // Internet Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
We describe a case of autogenous arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis complicated with a giant venous aneurysm.
- Initial Five years of Arterio-Venous Fistula creation for Haemodialysis vascular access in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Bakari, Abubakar A.; Nwankwo, Emeka A.; Yahaya, Shuaib J.; Mubi, Bilkisu M.; Tahir, Bashir M. // Internet Journal of Cardiovascular Research;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p4
Background: Arterio-Venous Fistula (AVF) is the preferred method of vascular access for long-term maintenance haemodialysis in patients with kidney failure. The aim of this study was to assess our experience and outcome of native AVF that were constructed in our center in the initial 5 years of...
- Endovascular management of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformations. Influence of the normal venous drainage on the choice of a treatment strategy. Pearl, Monica; Gomez, Juan; Gregg, Lydia; Gailloud, Philippe // Child's Nervous System;Oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1367
Introduction: Vein of Galen arteriovenous malformations (VGAM) are rare intracranial vascular lesions mostly involving young children. Endovascular therapy is the current standard of care. Albeit interventional techniques have greatly reduced the once dismal vital and functional prognoses...
- Increased Expression of Angiogenic Factors in Human Colonic Angiodysplasia. Junquera, Félix; Saperas, Esteban; De Torres, Inés; Vidal, María Teresa; Malagelada, Juan-R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1999, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p1070
OBJECTIVE: Angiodysplasia of the colon is a distinct vascular abnormality characterized by focal accumulation of ectatic vessels in the mucosa and submucosa. To investigate whether angiogenesis contributes to the pathogenesis of human colonic angiodysplasia, we examined the expression of basic...