The doctor in the street
- Give respect where it's due. Thrasher, Billy // North County Journal;8/24/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 34, pA7
The author discusses the concept of respect, which is being regarded as a cherished quality in the society, and the type of people who deserve it.
- 60 SECOND SELF. // Going Bonkers;Spring2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p9
The article offers a guide to various issues related to conduct. The guide focuses on respecting fellow human beings; being responsible and accountable; being authentic in what a person does and how he sees his role in life; raising a child to become a responsible, honest, kind and loving adult;...
- Interpersonal Relations and Education. Galloway, Charles M. // Education Digest;May1977, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p42
This article examines interpersonal relations in the field of education. Recognizing the value of another person is the first requisite for undercutting impersonal bureaucratic influences. While acknowledgment serves to identify presence, recognition cues give value to the person. The person has...
- BECOMING A COACH IN EVERYDAY LIFE: 10 WAYS YOU CAN BECOME MORE VALUABLE TO EVERYONE YOU ENCOUNTER. Levine, Terri // Public Management (00333611);Nov2004, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p27
Offers advice on how to make oneself valuable to others. Avoidance of being judgmental; Ways of showing respect to others; Development of good listening skills; Ways of responding to others.
- Respect and Trust. Bennis, Warren // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jan2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p11
The author reflects on the importance of earning respect and maintaining trust for sustainable leadership. He believes that by respecting oneself and others, one can influence others' thoughts and behaviors. He also mentions the ability to make people feel known and soothe their fears as a...
- Three Cheers for the Sleuths! FITZ PATRICK, JAMES WILLIAM // America;9/7/1929, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p515
The author reflects on the different attitudes of individuals and how they react to various situations in what he calls bristling times with the omnipresent threat to peace. He observes that trivial matters sometimes elicit various responses that vary in intensity from person to person. The...
- DO'S AND DON'TS. // TransWorld Ride BMX;May2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p24
The article presents suggestions regarding what to do and what not to do on several topics. It is suggested that people should drink latte coffee, but keep away from Irish cream and raspberry whole milk latte with no foam. It is stated that people should eat smart by thinking about everything...
- Recent changes in residency requirements for pediatrics: Who agrees? Ector, Walton L.; Campbell, Melissa A. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1998, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p625
Determines the opinion of private and academic pediatricians about changes in pediatric residency requirements proposed by the Residency Review Committee in October 1994. Comparison of the results with the requirements finalized in February 1996; Difference of opinion between groups of...
- ASK A GIRL. // New Moon;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Seeks advice on several personal matters, including ways of improving interpersonal relationships.