Heart disease risk among metabolically healthy obese men and metabolically unhealthy lean men
- ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTS OF ENHANCED EXTERNAL COUNTERPULSATION ON SILENT MYOCARDIAL ISCHAEMIA AND LEFT VENTRICULAR DIASTOLIC FOUNCTION IN PATIENTS WITH CORONARY HEART DISEASE. // Heart;Oct2010, pA113
An abstract of the article "Assessment of Effects of Enhanced External Counterpulsation on Silent Myocardial Ischemia and Left Ventricular Diastolic Founction in Patients with Coronary Heart Disease" by Su-Hang Zhu, Lian-Wang Jia is presented.
- EFFECT OF TREATMENT OF HEPATOCYTE GROWTHPROMOTING FACTOR ON IMPROVEMENT OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHAEMIA AND CARDIOPULMONARY FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY DURING THE EXERCISE IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE CORONARY HEART DISEASE. // Heart;Oct2010, pA114
An abstract of the article "Effect of Treatment of Hepatocyte Growthpromoting Factor on Improvement of Myocardial Ischaemia and Cardiopulmonary Functional Capacity During the Exercise in Patients With Severe Coronary Heart Disease." by Ningfu Wang, Guoxin Tong, Hao Pan, Jian Xu, Feng Ling,...
- Diagnostic accuracy of technician supervised and reported exercise tolerance tests. Muir, D. F.; Jummun, M.; Stewart, D. J.; Clark, A. L. // Heart;Apr2002, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p381
This article focuses on a study related to the diagnostic accuracy of technician supervised and reported exercise tolerance tests. Ischaemic heart disease is a common condition with an annual hospital admission rate in England and Wales of around 6.3 per 1000. All tests were performed to Bruce...
- Would a "Polypill" have the greatest impact on disease in the Western world? Paist, Scott S.; Russell, John J. // Patient Care;Sep2003, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p83
Discusses a research on the efficacy of a polypill in preventing ischemic heart disease and stroke. Reference to a study by N. J. Wald and M. R. Law, published in a 2003 issue of the "British Medical Journal"; Data collection and analysis; Implications of the research findings for clinicians.
- Headache due to ischaemic heart disease. Fleetcroft, R.; Maddocks, J. L. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Aug1985, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p676
The article presents a case of a patient who has a headache that is associated with ischemic heart disease that is usually caused by therapy with nitrates. This refers to a 78-year-old woman was admitted to the hospital with inferior myocardial infarction. Results of the examination showed that...
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION AND PLATELET ACTIVATION: FUNCTIONAL INTERPLAY IN PATIENTS WITH STABLE ISCHAEMIC HEART DISEASE. Robinson, S. O.; Harding, S. A.; Din, J.; Cummings, P.; Sarma, J.; Davidson, I.; Fox, K. A. A.; Boon, N. A.; Newby, D. E. // Heart;May2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 90, pA12
This article focuses on a study related to the endothelial dysfunction and platelet activation with functional interplay in patients with stable ischaemic heart disease. Impaired endothelium dependent vasodilatation is on independent predictor of acute atherothrombotic events although the...
- Journal Scan. Malik, Iqbal // Heart;Jul2004, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p826
This article presents observations of various articles published in the periodical "Heart." Some of the topics include, Ischaemic heart disease, hypertension and cardiology.
- A fresh look at what everybody knows about ischaemic heart disease: discussion paper. Gorringe, J. A. L. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;May1984, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p390
The article focuses on the discussion of ischaemic heart disease. The greatest obstacle to progress has been the uncritical acceptance of dogma. Its recognition is given rise to the extreme generalization that what everybody knows is sure to be untrue. Many of the concepts that underlie...
- CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE -- DRUG USE. // Current Medical Literature: Interventional Cardiology Monitor;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p56
Presents several abstracts on the use of drugs to treat coronary artery diseases. 'Platelet Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Receptor Blockade and Coronary Resistance in Unstable Angina,' by M. Marzilli, G. Sambuceti, R. Testa and S, Fedele, published in the 2002 issue of 'Journal of American College...