News @ a glance
- Supporters Rally in Charleston for Passage of Autism Insurance Bill. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);2/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the participation of parents of children with autism in a rally with lawmakers in Charleston, West Virginia on February 13, 2012 to support the passage of the House Bill 4260 and Senate Bill 401 to clarify language in the House Bill 2693 for autism insurance coverage.
- Autism and Section 504: Rights and Responsibilities. Katsiyannis, Antonis; Reid, Robert // Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities;Summer99, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p66
Examines the impact of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 on children with autism in the United States. Discussions on autism; Treatment of autism in children; Services for children with autism provided by US state departments of education; Overview of Section 504 of the...
- Victory for autism. // Foods Matter (USA);Apr2009, p16
The article reports on the issues concerning the regulations related to autism in Great Britain. It states that the government is releasing new measures that could help to address the shocking lack of autism services in the country. Under the new measures, proposals will hold local authorities...
- THINK STRAIGHT. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);1/29/2016, p12
The article focuses on the case of autistic young man Shafayat Amir who was prevented from boarding an Air India flight until his father showed a fit to fly certificate, along with its implication on the general attitude towards people with disabilities.
- Marburg haemorrhagic fever, Uganda. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;10/26/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 43, p414
The article informs that an outbreak of Marburg haemorrhagic fever in Kitumba subcounty, Kabale of Uganda has been declared by the Ministry of Health in Uganda.
- Marburg haemorrhagic fever, Uganda - update. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/09/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p437
The article reports that a total of 18 cases and 9 deaths, including that of a health worker, had been noted from 5 districts. Blood samples from 9 death cases have been confirmed for Marburg virus at the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI). Social mobilization activities are being conducted...
- Minneapolis A&F dressed down for bias against autistic girl. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;2009, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the 115,000 dollars fine of Ohio-based fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co. for dicrimination of autistic customer in the store in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Accordingly, the family of Molly Maxson, a fourteen-year-old boy filed disability discrimination charges agianst...
- Age Discrimination and the Disabled Child in the Educational Context: A Canadian Court Case Example. Grover, Sonja // International Journal of Learning;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p177
This paper addresses a 2006 Canadian Ontario Court of Appeal (OCA) decision concerning the failure of the Ontario government to fund a specific education type service to autistic children over the age of six. The Court's judgment is found to have framed the more general issues in terms of...
- Dengue fever, Indonesia -- update 1. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;5/14/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 20, p193
Presents an update of the number of cases of dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever in Indonesia. Number of death caused by the disease; Detection of a lower fatality rate compared to previous years; Observation of the outbreak of the disease in all provinces.