Wait Time Alliance first to set benchmarks
- JURY STILL OUT on health minister Dosanjh. Fuller, Colleen // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p10
Points out that the appointment of Ujjal Dosanjh as Canada's minister of health may break Canada's seemingly lack of commitment to its national health program. Background as a social activist; Concerns regarding his record of public service over the past decade; Family background; Career...
- Getting the goods on health product safety. Fletcher, Marla // Canadian Nurse;Oct2005, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the launching of the MedEffect information resource by Health Canada in August 2005. Purpose of the campaign; Remarks from Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh on the significance of MedEffect.
- Minister announces new drug approval initiatives. // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p21
The article informs that Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh says that he wants to revamp Canada's drug approval system. His plans include a more open and transparent approach to drug approvals, and conditional licensing for some drugs. In an interview with the "Canadian Medical Association Journal,"...
- New "point man" for federal health negotiations. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/17/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p318
Reports on the appointment of Canadian Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh as head of health care negotiations. Background of Dosanjh; Stance of Dosanjh on privatization of health care services; Challenges facing Dosanjh in line with the September 2004 meeting of Prime Minister Paul Martin with...
- National wait time standards remain elusive. Webster, Paul // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/22/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 11, p1308
Addresses the lack of comprehensive national guidelines concerning national wait time standards in medical treatment in Canada as of October 2005. Medical treatments that will set evidence-based benchmarks according to Canadian Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh; Possible consequence of pressure for...
- Ujjal Dosanjh joins company of Clinton. Singh, Gurmukh // Asian Pacific Post;12/9/2010, p16
The article announces the induction of top Indo-Canadian leader Ujjal Dosanjh into the Golden Key International Society for his outstanding achievements.
- Canada in ideological struggle over a national drug strategy. GODKIN, DAVID // Medical Device Daily;2/11/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p1
This article deals with the debate surrounding the Canada Health Act. According to Fraser Institute, there is a need to suspend the enforcement of the Act for five years. In contrast, the Canadian Doctors for Medicare is calling for more public options that would result to innovations such as a...
- The unscrutinized legacy of Gustafsen Lake. Mahony, Ben; Hall, Tony // Raven's Eye;Jan2000, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the unscrutinized legacy of Gustafsen Lake. Role of Attorney General Ujjal Dosanjh in overseeing the biggest police operation in the province history; Impact of the laudatory commentary by columnist Paul Sullivan on Dosanjh's candidacy; Discussions on the Gustafsen incident.
- The unscrutinized legacy of Gustafsen Lake. Mehony, Ben; Hall, Tony // Windspeaker;Jan2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the involvement of attorney-general Ujjal Dosanjh in the police operation for the Gustafsen Lake in the British Columbia. Political assertion of Dosanjh; Denunciation of violence; Concerns on the racist stereotype of Indians savagery.