- 'State of the Art': New research advances GI health. Mitrzyk, Beatriz Manzor // Pharmacy Today;Jul2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the advances in gastrointestinal (GI) research, as discussed at the "Digestive Diseases Week" 2006 in Los Angeles, California. Among the innovations include are novel therapy mixes for hepatitis C infections, biologic therapies for stimulating remission in slight to severe...
- On the web. // Primary Health Care;Feb2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
The article reviews the web sites www.burdettnursingtrust.org.uk on nursing research and www.hepctrust.org.uk on hepatitis C.
- Highlights from this issue. El-Omar, Emad; Gerbes, Alexander; Grady, William // Gut;Sep2014, Vol. 63 Issue 9, following p1523
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various topics within the issue including peri-anal crohn's disease, pancreatic cancer and HCV infection.
- Gastroenterology. // Caribbean Health;Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p29
The article offers studies related to gastroenterology. Workers in London, England have used a non-radiographical imaging device to display the position of the colonoscope so that loops can be straightened more easily. In patients with Crohn's disease refractory to standard treatment infliximab...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;11/18/2006, Issue 1128, p15
The article presents a case report of a female patient who developed Crohn's disease during treatment with peginteferon-Î±-2b plus ribavirin for the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection. The patient receives peginterferon-Î±-2b and ribavirin. Due to severe neutropenia, her...
- Interferon/peginterferon-Î±-2b/ ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;8/6/2005, Issue 1063, p10
Discusses research being done on the development of Crohn's disease (CD) from the administration of ribavirin plus interferon or peginterferon-Î±2b in two patients with Hepatitis C infection. Reference to a study by A. Khalil and colleagues published in the February 2005 issue of...
- Peginterferon/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;6/30/2007, Issue 1158, p22
The article describes the case of a 54-year-old man with Crohn's disease (CD) in remission with mesalazine who developed a flare of CD during treatment with peginterferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C viral infection. It references a study by M. F. Abdelmalek et al, published in the June...
- RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY. // MondayMorning;4/27/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p4
The article offers news briefs related to medical research. Two studies on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) reveal that HRT may increase women's risk of breast cancer and heart disease, but lowers the risk of colon cancer. A study shows that a Schering-Plough Corp. drug decreased the level of...
- HCV treatment recommendations now include prioritising patients. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Aug2014, Vol. 710 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on a new section on the U.S. hepatitis C virus (HCV) guideline website HCVguidelines.org that provides information on the prioritization of patients based on those who will derive the most benefit or will have the greatest impact on limiting further HCV transmission.