Interactive Impact of Intrinsic Motivators and Extrinsic Rewards on Behavior and Motivation Outcomes
- Rewards, Task Difficulty, and Intrinsic Motivation: A Test of Learned Industriousness Theory. Cameron, Judy; Pierce, W. David; So, Sylvia // Alberta Journal of Educational Research;Fall2004, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p317
Examines how rewards affected motivation and performance when students were rewarded for succeeding at an easy task versus a moderately difficult task. Concept of learned industriousness; Interaction effect of reward by task difficulty on test performance; Measures of intrinsic motivation.
- Finding The Spark. Anthony, Michelle // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p101
The article focuses on the significance of rewarding children's effort to keep them motivated in the U.S. It notes that the belief of seven- and eight-year-olds on effort, ability and reward systems are changing. It points out that children tend to be more realistic on their relative standing in...
- Get Paid for Good Grades? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/25/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 13, p7
The article relates conflicting opinions of children on whether school children should be given cash rewards if they do well on tests and in class.
- AN ALTERNATIVE SCORING METHOD FOR THE MOTIVATION SOURCES INVENTORY: A CASE FOR RATIO ANALYSIS. Barbuto Jr., John E. // Psychological Reports;Apr2001, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p385
Presents an alternative scoring method for the Motivation Sources Inventory called ratio analysis. Provision of an empirical assessment more consistent with the framework of the inventory; Development of the inventory to advance and operationalize the motivation typology proposed by Leonard,...
- Conduct a character `Star Search'. // Curriculum Review;Apr2000, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p7
Describes a program at the Halley Elementary School in Fairfax County, Virginia, where respectful and responsible students were given recognition. Contact information.
- Tuition Grants Are Offered as Learning Incentive. // Education Week;4/9/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that four-year liberal arts institution Grand View College has offered a tuition grants to fifth graders at Garton Elementary School in Des Moines, Iowa. Qualified participants will receive a 500 dollars tuition grant for the year 1986 and additional 100 dollars each year...
- DÃ–RT YIL ARAYLA Ä°LKÃ–ÄžRETÄ°M BEÅžÄ°NCÄ° SINIF Ã–ÄžRENCÄ°LERÄ°NÄ°N SINIF Ã–ÄžRETMENLERÄ°NÄ°N DEMOKRATÄ°K DAVRANIÅžLAR SERGÄ°LEME... Demır, Mehmet Kaan // Journal of Turkish Educational Sciences;2010, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
The results of the investigations indicated a clear relationship between pupils' intrinsic motivation and teacher behaviour. The teachers, who demonstrate a democratic behaviour, providing high frequencies of encouraging feedback, create an environment that facilitates the development of...
- Play Children's Context for Development. Klein, Tovah P.; Wirth, Daniele; Linas, Keri // YC: Young Children;May2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p38
The article provides an overview of the unique characteristics of play. Positive affect refers to children's enjoyment of play as shown in their laughter, smiles, singing and expressions of joy while playing. Children's enjoyment of play is paired with another element, active engagement which is...
- Incentives & Rewards. Scaglione, Stefanie; Cuthbertson, Courtney; Gililland, Karise // New Teacher Advocate;Spring2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses incentives and rewards for students. Three situations are provided to illustrate how to encourage teamwork, build rapport and provide motivation to students. Details on the activities that can be used by teachers are provided. Also included are suggestions to acknowledge...