Tricks of the Trade
- 5 steps for getting beyond comp & benefits benchmarks. Quinn, Neil // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;May2010, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p5
The article offers tips on how to attract and retain high-quality employees in the U.S. It states that a company must stretch its goal to create a total compensation cost structure to allow the net earnings of the employees to increase each year. Moreover, the company's performance must be...
- Western states expect sales surge, but rising costs jeopardize margins. Liddle, Alan J.; Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p46
Presents the outlook for food service businesses for 2005 in western U.S. Consideration of the forecasted menu price inflation; Expectation of sales growth; Influence of the recovery of tourism on food service; Challenge over rising labor costs.
- TAPAS ON THE PATIO IN CRYSTAL CITY. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p153
Announces the opening of Jaleo restaurant in Crystal City, Virginia in September 2004. Price range of the hot and cold tapas to be offered by Jaleo; Features of the menu; Supervisor and operators of the restaurant.
- Blackstones Restaurant, Bath. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/14/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4442, p16
The article features Blackstones Restaurant in Bath, England. Information is provided on the restaurant owners, head, chef, manager and capacity. Data is also given on dishes the restaurant serves, including dressed Cornish crab with chilli, lime and mango salsa and slow-roast Moroccan lamb...
- COOL TOOLS. Elan, Elissa // FoodService Director;6/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p50
The article reports on much-improved products being offered by equipment manufacturers to foodservice directors in the U.S. faced with the challenge of having to make quick restaurant-quality meals to meet the needs of demanding customers as of June 2011. The directors are said to rely on...
- CUTTING CATERING'S LABOR. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p70
Part II. Gives advice on reducing labor costs in the food service business. Reduction of the menu items; Incorporation of convenience products into the catering mix; Recruitment of students as temporary staff.
- Southwest is top-paying mkt. segment. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p56
Discusses what is expected of the food service industry by B&I operators in the year 2000. How employees see their career despite some problems in the industry; Reason behind the control of B&I operators towards labor costs.
- Volunteers slash labor bill at Colubus Civic Center. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p62
Reports that the Columbus Civic Center (CCC) in Georgia is decreasing its foodservice labor-costs. How the CCC is decreasing the costs; Details on an employee training program which was designed to provide faster and courteous customer service; Indication that the CCC was formerly the Municipal...
- Features. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/11/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4386, p24
The article presents information on the Carluccio's Caffes restaurant in England. The seating capacities of the restaurant is cited. The key personnel of the restaurant are mentioned. The menus served at the restaurant and their prices are enumerated. Several books on cooking are listed.