- Estimation of Calorie and Protein Intake in Aged Patients: Validation of a Method Based on Meal Portions Consumed. Berrut, Gilles; Favreau, Anne Marie; Dizo, Emmanuela; Tharreau, Beatrice; Poupin, Corrine; Gueringuili, Michel; Fressinaud, Phillipe; Ritz, Patrick // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Jan2002, Vol. 57A Issue 1, pM52
Investigates the meal-portion method (PM) as a tool for estimating calorie and protein intakes of aged patients in France. Example of the description of the PM; Calorie and protein consumption estimated using the PM; Agreement between estimates of calorie consumption and true values.
- Slimming Lessons. Incledon, Thomas // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p91
Suggests ways to lose weight. Suggested food for appetite destruction; Best calorie-burning foods; Effect of fiber on the body.
- Cost-effectiveness of nutrition interventions in nursing home residents: A pilot intervention. SIMMONS, S. F.; ZHUO, X.; KEELER, E. // Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging;May2010, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p367
Unintentional weight loss is a prevalent and costly clinical problem among nursing home (NH) residents. One of the most common nutrition interventions for residents at risk for weight loss is oral liquid nutrition supplementation. The purpose of this study was to determine the cost effectiveness...
- Drop a dress size in two weeks. McLaughlin, Leah // All You;6/18/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p56
The article offers various recipes for health and weight loss called The All You 14-Day Slim-Down diet developed by Cynthia Sass, a dietician. It stresses a protein rich diet with lots of water which will make one lose at least 10 pounds in two weeks. It is based on consuming less calories which...
- TACKLING CANCER & Weight Loss. Wright, Hilary // Today's Caregiver;Sep/Oct2012, p8
The article offers guidelines on how caregivers play a significant role in helping people with cancer create a flexible personalized nutritional plan and manage weight loss that will be easy to adapt to their ever-changing needs. It suggests that the best way for caregivers to start a...
- DO I MAKE THE 40 CLUB? Fairbairn, Kirsty // NZ Rugby World;Aug2011, Issue 144, p92
The article presents tips on gaining muscle and losing body fat with training. It mentions the importance of eating extra calories from carbohydrate and protein to have sufficient energy during training. The author also recommends the intake of 20 grams of protein before and after attending...
- a diet by any other name. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses a study which assessed weight loss by comparing high-fat to low-fat intake, high-protein to average-protein intake and high-carb to low-carb intake. The study, which was published in the February 26, 2009 issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine," revealed that any...
- What type of calories. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/25/2014, pA02
What type of calories a person consumes is key to weight control, a study at Nova Southeastern Univ. found. Researchers had 20 young men and women who regularly lift weights consume 300 grams â€” about 800 calories â€” more protein a day and not change the rest of their diet. Their...
- nutrition NOTES. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p56
Provides news briefs on nutrition as of April 2002. Proper method of determining the number of calories in nutrition bars; Signs and symptoms of anorexia; Recommended Web site about weight control.