Baking Up to Par
- The rain's a pain. Gunn, Jessica // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4260, p38
Features the the Nottingham City Hospital catering team in Nottingham, England. Investment in the hospital's kitchen which opened in September 2002; Redesign of the kitchen facility; Factor which contributed to the reduction of staff costs at the hospital kitchen.
- Moveable feasts. Ferguson, Stuart // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4523, p52
The article discusses the new trends in the hospitality industry particularly on building a temporary kitchen. According to CKS managing director Mark Kingston, temporary kitchen are being used to feed the VIPs and performers, on special events. In response to the demand for hot, fresh food to...
- Paul Carr cooks up new menu initiatives for Aramark. Ravneberg, Christi // Nation's Restaurant News;11/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p38
Presents an interview with Paul Carr, senior director of culinary in Philadelphia-based Aramark Corp. regarding his job. Role of Carr in Aramark; Length of time Carr spent in the kitchen; Involvement of Carr in the company's initiatives.
- Classification of Catering Enterprises Using Customer Value. KORNOVA, Galina R.; MYLNIKOVA, Yekaterina V. // Upravlenec;2012, Issue 7/8, p52
The paper explores the issues of classification of catering enterprises. The classification take into account customer value, explicit and implicit consumer needs.
- BAKING SENSE. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/26/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4533, p64
The article presents information on various types of bakery goods available to caterers. More than 260 speciality breads, Continental pÃ¢tisserie and savouries supplied by Mantinga are sourced from artisan bakers across Europe and Great Britain. The premium, artisan bread rolls from the Whites...
- Personal View. Dawood, Richard M. // British Medical Journal;2/23/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6213, p558
Comments on food service of hospitals in Great Britain. Difficulty of eating post-operative foods; Expectation of doctors for healthy foods in hospitals; Criticism of an Hungarian gourmet of the catering services of hospitals.
- Ohio rural hospital steps-up catering. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on Mount Vernon, Ohio-based Knox Community Hospital's use of outside catering to develop its foodservice operations and serve the surrounding community. Menu selection; Adding new food options to build sales.
- On the way to recovery. Mutch, Forbes // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4270, p5
Focuses on the Better Hospital Food program of the British government as of May 2003. Significance of hospital catering; Factors that will contribute to the success of the Better Hospital Food program.
- WELCOME TO INSIDE HEALTH. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/14/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4370, p49
Introduces a series of articles about hospital catering in Great Britain, including a look at the language used on hospital menus.