Fishing for Answers
- HEART OF THE SEA. Perez, Sofia // Saveur;Apr2014, Issue 164, p62
The article describes the Bouqeuria fish market in Barcelona, Spain where the vendors sell fish, shellfsh, or salted offerings such as dried bacalao, salted cod, sardines, tuna, majama, prawns, and gambas.
- An Evaluation of Sustainable Seafood Guides: Implications for Environmental Groups and the Seafood Industry. ROHEIM, CATHY A. // Marine Resource Economics;Fall2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p301
The article focuses on a study on consumer guides for sustainable seafood and their implications for environmental groups and the seafood industry. A ranking process that is based on methodology and criteria that determine environmental and biological criteria of species, fisheries or...
- HELPING CHEFS IN PURCHASING: Tech firm hooks fish safety. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports that Eddie Jarrell, general manager for Bon Appetit at Agilent Technologies Inc. has been working with the Monterey Bay Aquarium on its seafood safety program. Reason for working with Monterey on the program; Example of fish that would not be wise to purchase.
- Watch out for more than bones in fish. Crump, Vincent // New Zealand Doctor;11/17/2004, p31
Presents information on ailments that can be found in seafoods. Ciguatera poisoning; Toxic shellfish poisoning; Tetrodotoxin toxicity.
- Fish. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/22/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4528, p68
The article discusses the current price of various fish and sea food available in Great Britain. The price of turbot ranges from Â£15 to Â£23 per kg depending on size. It is stated that the settled weather has ensured good landings of squid. It is mentioned that the price of lobsters are...
- SharpenYour Seafood Sourcing. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p30
The article presents information on the publication, Sourcing Seafood: A Professional's Guide to Procuring Ocean-Friendly Fish and Shellfish. The publication was put out by the Seafood Choices Alliance, an association of 40 seafood-related conservation and education institutions. The information...
- Stone Crabs. // Southern Living;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p21
The article presents information on several restaurants which serve dishes which feature stone crabs and other seafood, including Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe in Nags Head, North Carolina, Key Colony Inn Restaurant & Lounge in Key Colony Beach, Florida and Big Sam's Inlet Cafe and Raw Bar in Rudee...
- FISH & SHELLFISH. // Cooking Light;Easy Comfort Food Recipes, p64
Recipes are presented for fish and shellfish cooking including jambalaya with shrimp and andouille sausage, roasted tilapia with orange-parsely salsa and beer-battered fish and chips.
- THE TASTE OF CONSERVATION. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/7/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4513, p26
The article presents several recipes for fish including Gurnard With Sweet Onions, Ginger and Saffron, Fish Stew With Gurnard, Shellfish, Tomato, Saffron and Garlic and Bruschetta of Grilled Mackerel With Beetroot and Tarragon Dressing.