Learning in Layers
- Hays CISD board roundup. // Free Press (Buda, TX);11/20/2013, Vol. 112 Issue 34, p5B
The article reports that a complete culinary arts program is planned to be introduced by Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD).
- Industry NEWS. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
Reports developments related to food service industry in the United States as of January 2001. Program for professional chefs in teaching children about cooking skills and nutrition; Change of the business name of Berisfold PLC to Enodis PLC; Appointment of Rick Moen as vice president of sales...
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- More Than Waiting on Tables. Grausman, Richard // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2005, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the importance of training of food service employees by the Careers through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) in the U.S. Development of the C-CAP to introduce public school youth to the career opportunities in the culinary arts; Assessment of the work skills to be developed for people to...
- C-CAP alums reach high places with skills that transfer beyond the kitchen. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;1/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p32
Details the services provided by the Careers through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) in the U.S. Availability of food service careers to disadvantaged young people; Offer of job readiness training, job placement and internships and runs after-school programs; Citation of several successful C-CAP...
- Students explore industry on Job Shadow Day. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the Groundhog Job Shadow Day, a national event which involved informal cooking lessons, held on February 2, 1999 in the United States. Participants; Comments from several food service executives; Foods service highlights across the country.
- IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the changes at Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania since Greg Hummel become food service director. Branded items that were brought in; A la carte sales in high schools; Gain from an exclusive soda contract with Coca-Cola.
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- Young waiters win through at Academy of Culinary Arts final. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4319, p6
Reports that 9 young waiters in Great Britain gained the standard required for the Academy of Culinary Arts' Annual Awards of Excellence. List of the culinary students who gained the award; Award categories given each year; Requirements of the competition.