First-quarter inflation registers mild uptick
- Foodfile ingredients in season. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/20/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4494, p13
This article presents information on various issues of interest related to cookery and food service. Information on given the condition of some English fruit produce, including Bramley apples, raspberries, pumpkins and Italian dark aubergine. Market and supply condition of some farm produce...
- Spring Forward. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer (India Edition);Feb2013, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p90
The article focuses on the role of fresh fruit produce in upcoming spring in America to boost supermarkets sales as of February 1, 2013. Topics discussed include the pulse on fresh food retailing in America, impact of the freshness and quality of the produce and increase in the sales of...
- Fresh produce news. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4249, p68
Presents updates on farm produce supplies for the British food service industry, as of November 2002. Availability of Galia melons and pineapples; Details of pricing forecasts for Peruvian asparagus; Quality of sprouts in 2002.
- CROP UPDATE. Lawson, Stuart // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/18/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4822, p41
The author provides information about the availability of certain crops and fresh ingredients in the British foodservice market including peppers from Spain, Morroco and across Europe, strawberries from Spain, and fine beans from Kenya.
- Growfair brand looks to expand after successful Cornwall launch. Cooper, Olivia // Farmers Weekly;6/27/2008, p73
The article reports on the launch of the Growfair--Pride of Cornwall brand by Bristol Fruit Sale in April 2008 in England. Bristol Fruit Sales supplies fruit, vegetables and salads to small retailers and the food service sector across the West Country. The Growfair brand promotes Cornwall's...
- Mean Reversion in Agricultural Commodity Prices in India. Gil-Alana, Luis; Tripathy, Trilochan // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2014, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p385
This paper deals with the analysis of several commodity prices in India using an approach based on fractional integration and focusing on the degree of persistence of the series. We examine seven agricultural prices: rice, wheat, maize, bajra, jowar, black gram and arhar. The results can be...
- NORMAL CROP HARVESTS EARLY: Stone fruit supply to grow in 2000. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p70
Reports on fruit supply forecasts for 2000 in the United States. Peach crop forecast in California; Expected fresh market cherry production for the Northeast region; 1999-2000 Florida tangelo forecast.
- TROPICAL PRODUCE. Weaver, Susan // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul88, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p25
Discusses buying trends which show that many Americans seem to enjoy trying the exotic produce, especially when in-store videos demonstrate how to cook, serve and store these items. Prices for the tropical produce from Florida; Decline in prices of some succulent fruits and vegetables as more...
- Did you know? // Greenhouse Management;Aug2013 Produce Grower, p32
The article reports on the fruit content of U.S. and European products referencing fruit on their packaging in 2013.