Great food keeps 'em comin' to Disneyland
- FROM UCLA: Disneyland names Niven food operations vice pres. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
Reports that Disneyland in Anaheim, California, has appointed Mary Muller Niven as vice president of food operations. Niven's responsibility; Her view of long-term success of Disney's food operations; Individuals from university food service that gone to Disneyland prior to Niven.
- Mary Niven. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p26
Presents an interview with Mary Niven, vice president of food and beverage at the Disney Island Resort in Anaheim, California, regarding the foodservice operations within the resort. Difference between the foodservice operation at Disney from the ones Niven has run at the University of...
- Hotels rethink dining-concept formats, alliances in face of softening economy. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/02/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p51
Reports on the use of dining concept formats by hotels to attract more customers during an economic downturn. Assessment of customers' expectations in the foodservice program; Formation of joint alliances with chefs; Flexibility of the menu offerings.
- Pavilion a Perfect Match for Four Seasons in Newport. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;1/17/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the services offered by Pavilion at Newport Beach's Four Seasons Hotel in California. Food served; Menu; Prices.
- Last Light. Eyres, Gareth // North & South;Dec2005, Issue 237, p140
The article discusses the dining experience of the author at the Waterfront Hotel in New Plymouth, New Zealand. The menu is not huge, with seven entrÃ©es and 10 mains, with nothing of earth-shattering adventure but some dishes of interest nonetheless. The salt and pepper squid appealed, as...
- Main St. moves. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar97, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the plans of Disneyland in Anaheim, California to redesign some of its foodservice operations on Main St. USA. Opening of a renovated Carnation Cafe; Relocation of Blue Ribbon Bakery; New Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.
- BEST BITES. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p136
Presents updates related to dining in Washington, D.C. as of December 2003. Opening of the Bangkok Joe's restaurant at the Washington Harbour; Period menus offered at the generations restaurant of Kent Manor Inn; Suppers and brunches offered at Willard Hotel to go with the "Nutcracker" ballet...
- Tried and taste-tested... // In Britain;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
The article presents information on two hotels--Threadneedles and London Bridge Hotel--situated in London, England. Near to the Bank of England and across from the Royal Exchange in the City of London, Threadneedles is an extraordinary conversion of a grand old Victorian bank into a boutique...
- National Restaurateurs' Dinner. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/15/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4272/4273, p16
Reports on the highlights of the annual Restaurateurs' Dinner which was held at the Savoy Hotel in London, England in May 2003. Objective of the event; Hosts at the event; Theme of the menu.