The legacy continues in Texas school meals
- HANDHELD THE KEY: PHILLY BREAKFAST RISES. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the expected increase in breakfast participation at the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania in the 2002-2003 school year. Number of feeding sites that will begin the semester offering grab-and-go meals; Examples of food served.
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- Controlling Choices. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
This article focuses on the pick-and-assemble option being used at the Dallas Independent School District, which serves 160,000 students at several campuses in the U.S. With this option, students can pick from two to four protein options, various vegetables and fruit toppings along with...
- Dora Rivas M.S., R.D., L.D. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p56
Profiles Dora Rivas, the newly appointed director at Dallas Independent School District in Dallas, Texas. Contributions made in the providing school food-service programs; Involvement in the introduction of a new technology to improve production and service productivity and training...
- It's the most important meal of the day. Are your students getting what they need? Dillon, Naomi // American School Board Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 197 Issue 1, p17
The article provides information on the move of the U.S. Congress to reauthorize the child nutrition program in the U.S. It notes that U.S. President Barack Obama has proposed to add one billion dollars to increase access and to improve the quality of the free breakfast program for all school...
- WITH FOODCOURTS ON HORIZON: Dayton schools adopt wider breakfast menu, a la carte. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p36
Reports on an increased breakfast participation at the Dayton Public School District in Ohio through the efforts of food service director Stephen Grundy. Components of Dayton's public school district; Information on the food service program of the district; Career background of Grundy;...
- Setting the table. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the classroom breakfast programs and reduced price breakfast fee initiative implemented in elementary schools by the Washington County Public School District in Maryland. Increase in the breakfast participation in the school district during the school year 2002 to 2003; Number of...
- WISD readies for "Breakfast Week" // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on a campaign by Whitney Intermediate School District (WISD) to introduce students to the importance of school breakfast during the National School Breakfast Week, March 8-12, 2010.