Keeping Notre Dame growth on-track
- Dave Prentkowski. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p38
This article presents an interview with Dave Prentkowski, director of food services at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. He stresses that working in a college foodservice is attractive due to various opportunities it offer. He asserts that the management of the school's food...
- In Remembrance of Dave Prentkowski. King, Paul // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
The author focuses on the death of Dave Prentkowski, foodservice director at the University of Notre Dame in South Blend, Indiana.
- Notre Dame dining hall revamp adopts `marketplace' concept. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p18
Reports on South Bend, Indiana-based University of Notre Dame's renovation of its South Dining Hall. Project completion schedule; Features of the facility designed by Thomas Ricca Associates; Renovation of facility as a student gathering place; Description of marketplace concept proposed for...
- New central kitchen to improve service to `fighting Irish'. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the construction of a project that will the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana a combination central kitchen and warehouse aimed at improving Dining Service's efficiency and flexibility. Expected date of completion; Cost of the project; Design and plans for the central...
- U. of Notre Dame to open `Wreckers'. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana's renovation of its south dining hall. Renovation as part of a multi-year plan to add space for customer areas; Addition of the retail operation wreckers; Establishment of a grill station; Other facilities to be added.
- Notre Dame University adds brand concepts to mix. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the introduction of the latest meal plan option on the campus of South Bend, Indiana-based Notre Dame University. Addition of several branded franchises including Burger King, Starbucks coffees, and Freshens smoothies and yogurt; Pasta dishes from Tommasitos Italian Cafe and Allegro;...
- Reckers connects students and faculty at U. of Notre Dame. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;10/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p30
Announces the opening of the interactive cafe, Reckers, at the end of August 1998 at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Revenues expected from the venture; Renovation of the university's food service facility; Restaurant-like atmosphere of the cafe; Branded items for sale;...
- Designing Directors. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the influence of food service directors (FSD) on facility design and equipment specification in the U.S. Idea of University of Notre Dame FSD Dave Prentkowski to apply a centralized production operation in the facility; Collaboration of Fairfax County Schools FSD Penny McConnell with...
- CHEF DENIS ELLIS, UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME: Exec. chef lends support, experience to campus f/s. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p114
Focuses on the job of chef Dennis Ellis at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. His job responsibilities; Career background of Ellis; How he trains the campus' foodservice department staff.