- What's In a Name? Fogarty, Mark // National Mortgage News;06/11/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p1
Editorial. Comments on the contribution of corporate executive Lewis S. Ranieri to Salomon Smith Barney in the United States. List of members of the Salomon Brothers Hall of Fame; Career highlights of Ranieri; Achievements of the mortgage backed securities unit.
- Fast Forward. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;01/03/2000, Vol. 298 Issue 2, p98
Features Tom Williams, chairman and chief executive officer of United States-based theme park company Universal Studios Recreation Group. Career background; Company background.
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Smith Barney widening its reach by putting brokers in bank branches. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney company is placing its brokers in bank branches in the United States, for banks to serve its entree into new geographical markets. Identification of the locations where such has occurred as at March 20, 1998; Details on the fee-sharing agreement Smith Barney...
- Brokerage's bank reflects new style of financial services. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p25
Presents information on Salomon Smith Barney's move into Banking in Michigan. Information on the Bank; What plans it has for the Michigan market; Details on what banks are getting into; Mention of other banks owned by Salomon Smith Barny.
- Cable outlook strong: Salomon. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on Salomon Smith Barney and its upgrading of the cable operators it tracks to a `buy' recommendation. What analyst Spencer Grimes based his across-the-board upgrade on; Comments from Grimes; Reference to Salomon Smith citing digital cable and high-speed data as catalysts; Relation to a...
- Steven Jayson. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p42
Profiles Steven Jayson, chef at Universal Studios Florida. His accomplishments; Background information on Jayson; Program he designed for the Studios attractions. INSETS: Career highlights;How to design foodservices from the ground up.
- California Case of Bribes and Prostitutes Settled Through Big Fine. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p5
Reports on settlement of lawsuit against Salomon Smith Barney Inc. for fraud. Amount received by San Bernardino County in damages after settlement of the lawsuit; Charges made against the company by the county.