School re-do puts kids in-line
- In California School Dist.: Special breakfasts attract parents. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p13
Highlights the breakfast program of the Santa Maria-Bonito School District in California. Details on the `Muffins for Mom' and `Donuts for Dad' program; Effectiveness of the program on getting parents and children together to eat; How the school cafeterias are decorated.
- Breakfast fuels the day. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the reliance of school kids on school food service for breakfast in the U.S. Value of a nutritious breakfast to the education process; Meal service for breakfast being offered by most of the schools in Chinle, Arizona; Popularity of Mexican foods in schools.
- WV ranks No. 1 in school breakfast. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the top national ranking of West Virginia for the efforts of school food service facilities in the state in promoting school breakfast programs.
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Baltimore Schools Embrace Universal Free Breakfast. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p22
Probes on the `In Classroom Breakfast Program' of forty schools in Baltimore, Maryland. Results of the program; List of the program elements; Breakfast menu.
- FOR THE SAKE OF SAFETY AND APPEARANCE: SHIP-SHAPE SHELVING. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p122
Offers a look at the kinds of shelving used at food service operations of four schools in the United States. Laurel School District in Mississippi; Midland Independent School District in Texas; Northside Independent School District in San Antonio, Texas; Chatahoochee Elementary School in...
- School District Dishes Up Sushi. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article deals with the addition of sushi to the Ã la carte menu at the high schools of Jeffco Public Schools in Golden, Colorado.
- Brevard schools self-fund renov. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the opening of the Westshore Junior/Senior High School in Brevard County, Florida. Features of the school's renovated foodcourt; Meal options.
- IN CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOLS: PRE-WRAPS SPEEDING SERVICE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of two high schools in Cleveland, Ohio to set up stations that will offer pre-wrapped food products. Expected benefits of the food stations; Details on the food products to be served.
- Eating under the 'big top'. // Food Management;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
Reports the move of the Fairfield High School to request appropriation from the town to resolve cafeteria accommodation issues in Fairfield, Connecticut. Disclosure on the capacity of the cafeteria; Size of the tent sought by the school as a temporary solution; Estimates on the number of...