A SIMPLE RULE OF PLATE
- More Protein in Snacks. // Agricultural Research;Jun2004, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the discovery of a way to increase the protein in foods such as breakfast cereals, corn puffs, cheese curls and energy bars in the U.S. Components of snack foods which are a major dietary component for many consumers in the country; Percentage of protein that can be increased from...
- International group releases first set of global dietary recommendations. Smigel, Kara // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/05/97, Vol. 89 Issue 21, p1570
Discusses the dietary guidelines released by the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund. Personal and national food supply; Specific categories of food and drinks; Food processing; Dietary supplements; Dietary measures that may be beneficial for the prevention...
- Older Adults Need More Protein. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug2014, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses the report stating that older adults need more protein intake than the current daily U.S. dietary recommendations calling for a 1 to 1.2 grams per kilogram protein intake increase for adults older than 65.
- Protein: How Much Is Too Much? // IDEA Fitness Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p87
The article discusses the importance of intake of right amount of protein. Topics include the halo effects of protein, the benefits of protein-rich food for weight lose and energy of the body, and the significance of protein for physical activity. Also mentioned are the recommendation of...
- PROTEIN REQUIREMENTS: TIME TO RE-EVALUATE CANADIAN RECOMMENDATIONS. // Canadian Nurse;Oct2012, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p5
No abstract available.
- In a Nutshell. HURLEY, JAYNE; LIEBMAN, BONNIE // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct2015, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p12
The article reviews the advertisements of nuts including Wonderful Pistachios, the American Pistachio Growers, and the Planters.
- Letters. Jelovac-Pavelic, Nevena; Ferré, Carl // Macrobiotics Today;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p2
The article presents two letters to the editor which are concerned with transitioning from a regular diet to a macrobiotic diet.
- Eat Right Anywhere! Walker, Lee Cabot // Self;Jun2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p96
The article offers the author's suggestions on what to eat during summer in order to stay slim and healthy. The author says that mega cones like Good Humor Giant King Cone which has 390 calories is to be avoided as it will increase fat. The author also says that it is suggested to have an energy...
- Good Nuts to Crack. Lyons, Molly // Natural Solutions;Feb2009, Issue 114, p46
The article focuses on the health benefits of varieties of nuts including walnut, pine nuts, and almond. Marietta Amatangelo, an integrative nutritionist, cites that nuts provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, and fiber. It notes that although nuts are high in calories, eating small...