AMERICANS' FAVORITE FOODS
- A little beef okay. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the observation that many people in Omaha, Nebraska prefer beef to other meats but do not eat it because they think they should not eat it.
- Effect of the Number of High-Fat and Low-Fat Cues on Food Choice. Butler, Betsy A.; Wing, Rena R.; Shiffman, Saul // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;1996, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p42
Examines the effects of increasing the number of fruits and decreasing the number of candy bars on the choice of foods. Sufficiency of the stimulus in controlling food choice modifications; Likeness of restrained group to choose fruits; Use of multiple behavior change techniques on modifying...
- SOVIET GARDENING. Rodale, Robert // Organic Gardening (08973792);Oct88, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the food choices of a typical Soviet citizen. Preference for fruits and vegetables; Experiences of the author during his trip to the Soviet Union; Farms and gardens seen by the author.
- What's not nutritious about artificial cheese flavoring? Clubb, Shawn // Collinsville Herald;2/27/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 9, pA11
The author discusses his preference for snack foods or junk food that have cheese flavoring such as Doritos, Fritos, and Cheetos chips, and presents a quiz on fruits, vegetables and other healthy food.
- FRUIT TO THE RESCUE! WATTS, ANITA // Film Journal International;Dec2010, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p80
The article focuses on offering healthy food alternatives in order to address the problem of obesity in the U.S. It emphasizes the health benefits from consuming natural fruit, along with the trend in products being made with or out of fruit. According to the author, the labeling trend of...
- Beef consumption may be down, but it remains a top choice on menus. // National Provisioner;Aug99, Vol. 213 Issue 8, p70
Reports on consumers' preference for beef despite decreases in beef consumption in the United States. Rise in in-home consumption of steaks; Consumers' concern over food safety; Test-marketing of pasteurized products; Movement of cutting and packaging divisions from the store level to the...
- mango & chili powder. MARTIN, ROBERTO // Vegetarian Times;Apr/May2015, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p80
The article focuses on Chef Roberto Martin's favorite culinary pairings including Mango with Sprinkled Chili Powder and Puree of Ripe Mango with Lime Juice, Garlic Clove and Sea Salt with Sprinkled Chili Powder and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- myth. Kadey, Matthew // Vegetarian Times;Oct2015, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses several myths and facts related to combined intake of food and fruits. Topics discussed include fruits as a source of vitamins, antioxidants and fibers, stomach problems such as bloating, indigestion, and gas caused if fruits are taken with food containing starches and...
- Cool to be Real. Baylor, Barb // Agri Marketing;Apr2004, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the promotion of positive nutritional value of beef in the U.S. Management of the Cool-2B-Real program by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association on behalf of Cattlemen's Beef Board; Differentiation of beef from the food choices; Informational content of the Cool-2B-Real Web site.