Sodexho takes NYC
- Learning Needs of Bronx Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. Edinger, Benjamin // Einstein Quarterly: Journal of Biology & Medicine;1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p192
Assesses the perceived learning needs and the level of importance in patients with coronary heart diseases admitted to the Jacobi Medical Center in New York City. Prevalence of cardiovascular disease in the United States; Importance of symptom recognition, cardiac anatomy and physiology and...
- Improving the Patient Experience. CLARK, CHERYL // HealthLeaders Magazine;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p62
The article discusses how hospitals improved their patient experience scores as related by their quality leaders. Lehigh Valley Health Network in Pennsylvania implemented several measures to reduce the noise level around patient rooms and conducted training sessions on patient interaction for...
- High-tech treatment. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;12/16/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the telemedicine program of New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. for HIV/AIDS patients. Federal grant received from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration; Number of telemedicine units purchased by the agency; Comment on the program.
- INSURING THE UNINSURABLE. // City & State;10/28/2014, p17
No abstract available.
- Plea to caterers over malnourishment in hospitals. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/9/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4488, p44
The article reports that hospital caterers are urged to do more to help prevent the number of patients leaving NHS hospitals malnourished. Official figures revealed that 2,265 people left hospital in 2006 undernourished compared with 1,381 in 2001. The Hospital Caterers Association (HCA) in...
- Midwifery rules issued. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s systemwide rules for the utilization of nurse midwives in hospitals. Nurse midwifery; Problems in city-hospital delivery rooms.
- HHC asks Rudy and the city for a little TLC. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the potential deficit faced by New York City's Health and Hospitals Corp. in January 2001. Factors contributing to the gap between HHC revenues and expenses; Returns from the city hospitals' cost cutting and productivity increases; Anticipation of how Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will...
- Giuliani seeks big Medicaid cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the Medicaid spending cuts proposed by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Governor George Pataki. Effect on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. which receives more than half its revenues from Medicaid.
- Bellevue explores ways to cut ties to New York's HHC. Benson, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;10/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p33
Reports on New York City-based Bellevue Hospital Center's search for ways to sever ties with the city's Health and Hospitals Corp. Exploration of financial structures; Impact on center's operations; New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plan to get the city out of the hospital business.