TOOLS FOR FX AND DI
- SpeedGrade's Take on Color Correction. Argy, Stephanie // American Cinematographer;Apr2005, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p115
Introduces Iridas' SpeedGrade software for color-correcting digital intermediates designed for use in cinematography. Results of beta-testing; Software features and functions; Differences from other color correction applications.
- ABLETON LIVE/CAKEWALK VS-20. ANDERTON, CRAIG // EQ;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p48
The article presents steps which have to be taken in a sound recording project in which music software Ableton Live is to be made more 'guitar-friendly' by adding the Cakewalk VS-20 hardware effects. The first step is to Go Options and select ASIO as Driver Type and VS-20 as Audio Device....
- KORG TRITON / TRITON STUDIO. // Keyboard;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the use of grid mode to create bpm-synced "stutter" edits on a sample. Use of computer and software.
- Lost in translation. Hjelte, Garth // Electronic Musician;Nov2005, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p39
The article discusses the conversion of a sample library from one sampler format to another. The conversion requires that all the rules stated in the End User License Agreement (EULA) apply to the converted library. The author explains the difficulty of buying the version of the library that...
- Soundtrack Editing. McMahon, Frank // Video Systems;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p57
The article presents information on new computer software for soundtrack editing. It is now fairly easy to create tracks that sound professional without a complete knowledge of musical background. Also, because of the increase in loop packages available via third-party vendors and on the Web,...
- Hot Dog, It's Frankfurt! Anderton, Craig; Walker; Sunderkötter, Jörg; Casagrande, Jan // EQ;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p32
The article presents information on several sound recording equipments. Pro Tools M-Powered software is a version of Digidesign's Pro Tools that works with selected M-Audio hardware peripherals. Arturia and IRCAM announced Brass, a physically modeled software recreation of trumpet, sax, and...
- BETTER FILM-OUTS. // Millimeter;Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on new and improved film recorder hardware. It usually garners most of the headlines, but vendors know that improving the device's software is crucial to user satisfaction. Ceico addressed that at Siggraph when it rolled out Version 2.0 of its FilmOut Pro advanced digital...
- Nice noises. Thompson, Ray Wallace // PSA Journal;Dec97, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p24
Presents some ways of producing and recording good voice passages used for audio-visual productions. Use of a uni-directional microphone for quality; Application of the Sideman Comp 1, a tape recorder and a compressor, for sound peaks; Some problems with loud-speaker systems.
- TEN TIMELY WAYS TO TAKE BACK THE NIGHT. Block, Adam // Advocate;2/4/86, Issue 439, p55
Lists several sound recordings for the listening pleasure of readers of the 'Advocate' periodical in the U.S. Musical artists who did the record; Production credits; Companies that released the sound recordings.