WIDER SHOOTING OPTIONS
- SONY INTRODUCES NEW LINE OF MINIDV HANDYCAM CAMCORDERS. // Imaging Update;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Introduces Sony Corporation's line of MiniDV Handycam camcorders. Costs; Features; Availability.
- Video trickery shrinks camera-recorder combo. Free, John // Popular Science;Jun84, Vol. 224 Issue 6, p122
Evaluates Betamovie camcorder from Sony Corp. Features of the camcorder; Pros and cons of the camcorder; Cost of the camcorder.
- Century DV MKII Matte Box. Goodman, Robert M. // DV: Digital Video;Aug2005, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p20
Evaluates the Century DV MKII carbon-fiber matte box system from Vocas. Features of the system; Use of the MKII in DV camcorders and camera lenses; Advantages and disadvantages offered.
- A Small, Powerful Cam. Montgomery, Mark // Videomaker;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p24
The article evaluates the DCR-HC32 camcorder from Sony and offers information on its features.
- Roll Your Own HDTV. Ranada, David; Richardson, Ken; Pachal, Peter // Sound & Vision;Sep2005, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p28
Comments on several camcorders. Video quality produced by HDR-FX1 camcorder from Sony Corp.; Price of Sony's Vegas camcorder; Computer drive used for Windows Media Video HD video codec from Microsoft Corp.
- CineFrame 24. // Video Systems;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that according to Sony Corp., in CineFrame 24 mode, the camcorder synthesizes a 24fps temporal rate, not 24p, video from 1080160. Because interlace scanning is used in CineFrame 24, light sensitivity remains the same as for 60i. Region 50 camcorders do not offer CineFrame 24....
- MINIDV CAMCORDERS. // Macworld;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p32
Evaluates two mini digital video camcorders. Optura 40 from Canon; DCR-PC109 from Sony.
- Sony Debuts Flash-Based HD Camcorder, 100GB HDD Units. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/7/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p12
The article provides information on several high-definition camcorders from Sony including the DCR-SR300c, the SR200c and SR82c.
- Sony Unveils '04 Tape-Based Camcorders. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the move of Sony to unveil tape-based digital and analog camcorders at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2004. Plan of the company to build a customer base for tape-based products; Emphasis given by the company on picture quality through...