WIDER SHOOTING OPTIONS
- Video trickery shrinks camera-recorder combo. Free, John // Popular Science;Jun84, Vol. 224 Issue 6, p122
Evaluates Betamovie camcorder from Sony Corp. Features of the camcorder; Pros and cons of the camcorder; Cost of the camcorder.
- SONY INTRODUCES NEW LINE OF MINIDV HANDYCAM CAMCORDERS. // Imaging Update;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Introduces Sony Corporation's line of MiniDV Handycam camcorders. Costs; Features; Availability.
- Century DV MKII Matte Box. Goodman, Robert M. // DV: Digital Video;Aug2005, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p20
Evaluates the Century DV MKII carbon-fiber matte box system from Vocas. Features of the system; Use of the MKII in DV camcorders and camera lenses; Advantages and disadvantages offered.
- Roll Your Own HDTV. Ranada, David; Richardson, Ken; Pachal, Peter // Sound & Vision;Sep2005, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p28
Comments on several camcorders. Video quality produced by HDR-FX1 camcorder from Sony Corp.; Price of Sony's Vegas camcorder; Computer drive used for Windows Media Video HD video codec from Microsoft Corp.
- CineFrame 24. // Video Systems;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that according to Sony Corp., in CineFrame 24 mode, the camcorder synthesizes a 24fps temporal rate, not 24p, video from 1080160. Because interlace scanning is used in CineFrame 24, light sensitivity remains the same as for 60i. Region 50 camcorders do not offer CineFrame 24....
- Sony Unveils '04 Tape-Based Camcorders. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the move of Sony to unveil tape-based digital and analog camcorders at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2004. Plan of the company to build a customer base for tape-based products; Emphasis given by the company on picture quality through...
- Sony Launches XDCAM HD System At Sundance. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;2/3/2006, Vol. 47 Issue e, p8
The article evaluates the XDCAM HD system, a line of high-definition optical camcorders, from Sony and offers information on its key features, pros and cons, and cost.
- Sony Delays Debut of Disc-Based XDCAM. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the delayed release of Sony Corporation's XDCAM optical-disc camcorder system in the U.S. until March 2004. Reason for the delayed release of the camcorder system; Features of the XDCAM optical-disc camcorder system; Competitor of Sony Corp. in the market for camcorder system;...
- A Small, Powerful Cam. Montgomery, Mark // Videomaker;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p24
The article evaluates the DCR-HC32 camcorder from Sony and offers information on its features.