A BRIDGE FOR COMPUTERS AND MUSIC
- Using Virtual instalments. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;Jun2011, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p81
The article explains how to use virtual instruments in Cakewalk SONAR XI digital audio workstation (DAW). Virtual instruments require computer and a Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) keyboard. Virtual instruments merge these MIDI and DAW technologies together. One can play and record a...
- OLD GEAR, NEW DAY. Hawkins, Erik // Remix;Jan2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p64
Discusses the use of Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) equipment for music performances. Tips on choosing a MIDI product; Information on several MIDI equipment available; Advice on overcoming the problems with MIDI hardware.
- Enveloping Strategies: Using your DAW's automation tools for sound design. Sasso, Len // Electronic Musician;Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p82
The article focuses on the use and application of the two kinds of sound automation which is the time based and clip based system. The author talks about the methods and techniques in using Ableton Live 5, which has a clip-based automation tool. Furthermore, the details in processing MIDI files...
- The Unreal Orchestra PART 2: THE VIRTUAL CONCERT HALL. Gerber, Jerry // Keyboard;Feb2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p30
Looks into how top composers for film and concert stage make the most of their virtual symphonies. Infusion of a musical instrument digital interface into the musicians' compositional process; Use of acoustic instruments as a guide before proceeding to integrate orchestral setting; Role of...
- MODERNIZED MIDI. Eisengrein, Doug // Remix;Feb2005, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p58
Offers information on Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI). Significance of ReWire protocol to the implementation of MIDI in the virtual studio; Number of channels in a MIDI; Example of the interrelationship between MIDI hardware and software.
- MOOG MUSIC. Metts, Allan // Electronic Musician;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p112
Evaluates PianoBar, a piano-to-Musical Instrument Digital Interface converter, manufactured by Moog Music Inc. Features; Specifications; Pros and cons; Pricing; Contact information.
- BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG MIDI. BATTINO, DAVID // Electronic Musician;Jul2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the efficiency of using the musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) data detector.
- Build the CrystalSynth. DULEY, DAVID // Popular Electronics;Mar99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p31
Features the CrystalSynth, a Musical Instrument Digital interface-controlled wavetable synthesizer that is suitable for stage work. Wavetable synthesis; How it works; Construction; Surface-mount assembly; Testing; How to use.
- Midi hardware. // Teaching Music;Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, Guide for Music Educators p15
Provides a guide for selecting and purchasing Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) hardware. Use of a MIDI device to share or store information; Use of MIDI information with music notation programs.