- GameBoxx FX. Maestri, George // Computer Graphics World;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p40
Boxx Technologies Inc. has made a solid name for itself in the production community by creating reliable servers and high-end workstations at an affordable price. The GameBoxx series is no different. The GameBoxx is a fast and powerful machine targeted at people who perform high-end tasks, such...
- So long, old friends. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Jul2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p7
Points out that serial and parallel ports have started to disappear from personal computers. Use of Universal Serial Bus (USB) and Ethernet ports for connecting PCs to test instruments; Suitability of USB for short distances; Possible use of wireless communication links such as Bluetooth or...
- Easy Ethernet hookups through USB. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;May98, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p27
Focuses on an announcement by Computer Access Technology, of a Universal Serial Bus interface on Ethernet networks. Cost of the interface; How the system functions.
- IEEE 488: not dead yet? Strassberg, Dan // EDN;6/12/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p49
To design test-and-measurement instruments, develop or implement systems that incorporate test-and-measurement products that others design, or simply use such products in a test facility, the methods that instruments use to communicate with each other and with host computers matter a lot. In...
- APC Powers Up Travelers With Notebook Battery. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/4/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p51
This article provides information on the universal notebook battery which highlights a suite of availability solutions for mobile travelers introduced by American Power Conversion (APC). The notebook battery is a slim, lightweight portable power solution for notebook computers that weighs less...
- Mating Modules, Motherboards and PCI Express: A Match Made in Heaven. Wong, William // Electronic Design;10/4/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 22, preceding p1
This article focuses on Computer on Module Express standard which supports interface standards like PCI Express, USB 2.0, ExpressCard, Serial ATA, and Gigabit Ethernet. Embedded developers must embrace the high-speed serial technologies because existing and future sources of peripherals and...
- FULL STEAMâ„¢ AHEAD. // Custom PC;Apr2014, Issue 127, p92
The article features the Steam operating system (OS) dedicated to gaming. Topics include the SteamOS interface with choices including Store, Community or Library, the rear ports including an external Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (eSATA)connector, Ethernet connector and universal service...
- Acromag's New XMC modules interface 10-Gigabit Ethernet to PCI Express with ultra-fast TCP/IP offload engine. // Sensors;1/17/2014, p1
The article offers information on the XMC-6280 and XMC-6260 mezzanine modules from Acromag which offers Ethernet interface solution, data storage and contains ports.
- PC Week Labs top 10 NIC index. Nguyen, Huy // PC Week;6/20/94, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pN/15
Presents information on the top ten computer industry standard architecture (ISA) Ethernet workstation adapters. Ranking according to rank and performance; Ranking according to performance only.